Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Aero Desktop turning off when launching MC

gargodude

I've had this problem before after updating Nvidia Quadro driver to the one recommended by SolidWorks but I can't remember how I fixed it. After installing SW 2019, I updated to driver 411.81 per the SW website and now when I launch MC (2018 or 2019), the Aero Desktop switches to standard mode. If I roll back the driver to 377.11,  it works fine. SolidWorks seems OK with this driver, but it's a bit frustrating that their recommended driver doesn't play well with Mastercam.  Anybody else have this problem?

• 7 months later...

Update 8/17/19- Never solved this. Don't want to use old drivers to fix this because SolidWorks 2019 doesn't like them. Using the latest driver certified by SolidWorks (430.64) makes SW happy but problem still happens when I launch MC. Tried latest driver from Nvidia website (431.70) and no help. Tried the block transfer mode trick above with no help. Only does this when I launch MC. Goes back to Aero mode when closing MC. Can't find any current fix for this on this forum or MC knowledge base. Anybody had and fixed this problem lately?

I recently got a new Quadro P4000 for my Win 7 work machine

This machine has run perfectly with a Quadro K4200 for years.

I had nothing but trouble with the new card.. al kinds of video issues with MS products. Mastercam, SolidWorks .. everything.

I tried old legacy drivers, the latest greatest and everything in between.

It was getting to the point I was afraid I'd have to roll back to the old video card.

Finally I uninstalled every NVIDA product on my PC from the Programs and Features page.

It took several reboots to get it all uninstalled.

Then I installed the latest drivers and the PC has been running trouble free ever since.

I don't know if this would work in your case, but it sounds like you're out of ideas. 

Hah, I upgraded my Quadro drivers the other day. Everything works fine, TopSolid, Vericut, Solidworks, Cimco.

Opened up Mastercam for the first time in a while this morning, and what do you know.... Aero turns off....

Out of all the Applications... 😂

I just got off the phone with CNC Software. Tom told me this has been an issue on Win7 machines w/NVidia graphics cards with drivers after 370.00 since 2017 (I think it might have me reporting it because that's when I first had this problem). Unfortunately, it has not yet been resolved. I guess we will have to live with it until around this time next year when SolidWorks stops supporting Win7. He said it only happens on Win7 machines.

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Surprised your work isn't on 10 especially since 7 is a dead O/S walking. No more security patches are being created IIRC.

Engineering has moved over already....with the new expansion they all got new Win10 Laptops...

I'm not sure what the hold up is for us, I have my suspicions but that's all they are are suspicions...but someone does not like change and it's not me  ;)

On 6/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, JParis said:

...someone does not like change and it's not me...

A LOT of people love that boat in this industry. Change aversion is rampant I dare say. :cough: all you people still on V9 and X9 I'm eyeballing you :p :cough: :rofl:

I get that change for the sake of change is worthless. However change for the sake of improvement or at bare minimum as a step to improvement is most definitely worthwhile.

JM2CFWIW YMMV 

:coffee: