Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Scallop rest-passes

sharles

All of us where I work have issues with the old surface finish leftover and now it's replacement, scallop rest-passes, NOT picking all the corners that it ought to pick. In the past if I adjusted the total tolerance then I could usually force mastercam to pick all the areas that it ought to, but now in 2019 it seems like I can't figure out how to get it to work right.

Any ideas? In the past, we would just make smaller boundary areas to pick the entire part, but then that causes problems as the tool will collapse on corners at the edge of a boundary and plough thru a bunch of stock...

Thanks,

Scott

If it's corners left from bigger ball EM's, I have better success with Pencil when stepping to smaller ball EM's.

Then, scallop and containment boundaries for any other small misses.

I've just never had good luck with finish rest passes... old-school paths or new.

FYI,

my co-worker just went on mastercam.com and said this issue is logged and will be addressed (who knows when), but for now they suggest a work around it to create a stock model and 'one previous operation' rather than imputing the 'roughing tool' data.

I guess for now I told my co-worker we'll have to flip back and forth between leftover, scallop rest passes, possibly create a stock model, and I still need to check into pencil...when one doesn't work, we've often found another method will, but that means keeping an eye on it since mastercam hasn't fixed it yet...sigh...