Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids and "Create" surfaces are rendered yet "Simple" surfaces aren't

Michael K

When I create Solids or  "Create" surfaces they are rendered yet "Simple" surfaces aren't, I see the wireframe attached to the cursor. When I click with the "Solid" option on I see the rendering and it stays there like it should when I click "OK". When I have the "Surface" option on all i get is the base point and no model at all with the radius locked.

With the radius unlocked I get a preview of the surface but if I click "OK" or anywhere else it disappears.

Can someone figure this out for me?😞

13 hours ago, Michael K said:

How will I model it if I can't start with the basic surface shapes??

I have no idea what you are trying to create...are you working from a print? I am trying to help but I need more info in order to show you the easiest way to model your part in Mastercam. 

8 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

I have no idea what you are trying to create...are you working from a print? I am trying to help but I need more info in order to show you the easiest way to model your part in Mastercam. 

all im saying is the program wont model basic surface shapes. If i try to model just a surface sphere  it shows a preview but if i click on "OK" all it shows is the base point, not the model of the sphere.

5 hours ago, Seedy steve said:

are u sure that it is not just unshadded? try alt-s

no pressing alt-s doesn't do it.  i have other things modelled so it is in shaded mode and surface spheres are just represented by their centre point, not even a wireframe.

• Huh? 1
18 hours ago, Michael K said:

i have other things modelled so it is in shaded mode and surface spheres are just represented by their centre point, not even a wireframe

With the old V9 we used to get stuff stuck in between shaded and not some surfaces would disappear like you describe .

we would open the shading dialog and select all entities , toggle it off and on and the shading would correct.

the surface sphere in my 2018 works fine. 

4 hours ago, Seedy steve said:

With the old V9 we used to get stuff stuck in between shaded and not some surfaces would disappear like you describe .

we would open the shading dialog and select all entities , toggle it off and on and the shading would correct.

the surface sphere in my 2018 works fine. 

Where is the shading dialog? I dont know what that is or how to toggle it on and off.

• Sad 1
On 1/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, Michael K said:

that doesnt do anything.

like i said not likely.

wer back to Ghosie to blame. why not use simple solids. u can always convert later if required.

I remember flipping around lots  modeling a pistol grip for an assault rifle from prints. it sucked but finally worked well enough.