Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing Arc/Line Tolerances?

dwilson357

Hey Guys,

I am trying to trim the fat on this part program so it will fit on my Fanuc Control.

I do some Dynamic Profiling which I've already opened up the Arc and Line tolerancing on.

On some of the Roughing Surfacing I could give up some tolerance as well but I cant find the dialog in MCam2018.

Another Question I had,

With both the dynamic and the surfacing ops I see it posts my x moves broken up. Even if it's moving 50" in X, it is broken up into about .875 movements with no Y change.

I find this really confusing with the Dynamic milling because its a drawn rectangle for line geometry.

What causes this and is there any other settings I can tweak to get this program size under control?

Thanks,

Dave W.

We could do that, I have reservations for that as these are parts that we get fairly frequently through these 2 machines. But this could be due to my lack of drip feeding experience(I've only done it once in the past). We use the FTP function to transfer programs, but the USB option is available.

I did find that something was up with the surface I was using. I had accidentally used the wrong level.

Re-selecting the surfaces I had drawn with Mastercam drastically reduced the size of the program, from something like 300k lines to 20k which I can fit in the control.

Doing this basically resolved my 2 questions.

But I thought I remember in older versions like X9 there was a drop-down for arc line filtering in the surfacing ops.

Thanks,

Dave W.