Jayson Kramer-CNC Software

Mastercam 2020 Public Beta 1 is now available for download and testing

We have just released Mastercam 2020 Public Beta 1 for your review. You can find the downloads on the Public Beta page of Mastercam.com: https://downloads.mastercam.com

Note: Mastercam 2020 for SOLIDWORKS will not be released with Public Beta 1. It should be ready for release with Public Beta 2.   Only the web installs are available for download.  The USB install will be available starting with Beta 2.

We encourage you to use the Customer Forum on Mastercam.com. There will be specific threads regarding areas we are seeking more feedback on. This forum is also where we can respond to your questions regarding Mastercam 2020 Public Betas. 

Some notes on 2020 Public Beta 1:

• Version information

• Mastercam version number 22.0.13906.0

• Current Maintenance is required to run this release.

• This version will time out on 04/18/2019.

• This is a standalone version and can be installed with other Mastercam versions on your machine. Prior versions of Mastercam 2020 must be uninstalled before using this build. Uninstall instructions can be found below. 

• A copy of the Readme and the What's New are attached to this email and list all issues addressed since the release of 2019. Please reference the What's New file to learn about the new features in Mastercam 2020. 

• Pre-release versions of Mastercam 2020 are only available in English. 

Uninstalling previous Public Beta or Technology Preview builds: 

• Backup any files you may wish to save

• Uninstall any previous 2020 build(s)

• Open Windows Control Panel

• Select Programs and Features

• Right click on the product you wish to uninstall and select Uninstall

• Delete the following folders

• For Mastercam:

• c:\Program Files\mcam2020

• (Optional): C:\Users\your logon\Documents\my mcam2020

• (Optional): C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcam2020

• Delete the following registry keys

• For Mastercam:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2020

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2020

Installation Instructions:

1. Click on this link and log in: https://downloads.mastercam.com.

2. Select Mastercam links.

3. Download the appropriate files for your install. 

1. If web installs were selected, after the file has downloaded, double-click the .exe to begin the installation.

4. Follow the instructions during the installation. It does take a minute or two for the install to launch so please be patient.

5. The Customer Feedback Program (CFP) which collects data from your system on the features and functions used is automatically turned on during the Public Beta and Beta stages.

We look forward to your comments and findings. We encourage you to participate through the customer forum on Mastercam.com and to continue to send issues in directly to qc@mastercam.com.

Thank you.

• Like 8

On 2/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, So not a Guru said:

Updated my NVIDIA driver and all is well.

I spoke too soon on this one. Freakin NVIDIA update has virtually made my 2 display box into a single display :rant:

2020 No Ribbons on Start up. Every Ribbon Command in the QAT. 😀 B) ;)

image.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I spoke too soon on this one. Freakin NVIDIA update has virtually made my 2 display box into a single display :rant:

run the Nvidia Desktop Manager and set it up the way you want it

My account is linked but still doesnt let me download it. What gives?

Tried emailing support a week ago and never got a response.

You can directly download the install file from the nvidia website too.

• Huh? 1

On 2/9/2019 at 8:01 AM, jlw™ said:

You can directly download the install file from the nvidia website too.

I was talking about the mastercam 2020 beta.

Trying to install pb2 after uninstalling pb1. What am I missing?

=== Verbose logging started: 2/21/2019  6:32:28  Build type: SHIP UNICODE 5.00.10011.00  Calling process: C:\Users\asmurphy\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX1\Mastercam\setup.exe ===
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:28:648]: Resetting cached policy values
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:28:648]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:28:648]: ******* RunEngine:
           ******* Product: C:\Users\asmurphy\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX1\Mastercam\data\Mastercam\Mastercam_Installer.msi
           ******* Action:
           ******* CommandLine: **********
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:28:648]: Client-side and UI is none or basic: Running entire install on the server.
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: Failed to grab execution mutex. System error 258.
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: Cloaking enabled.
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: Attempting to enable all disabled privileges before calling Install on Server
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: Incrementing counter to disable shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after decrement: -1
MSI (c) (40:34) [06:32:31:650]: MainEngineThread is returning 1618
=== Verbose logging stopped: 2/21/2019  6:32:31 ===

I'm just starting to put 2020 through it's paces and for the most part I'm liking it but I've noticed one thing I'm not sure I like already, though this may have changed in 2018/2019 (I've been using 2017).

Why did they split up the Trim Break Extend function into separate buttons? Maybe I'm just complaining because my muscle memories tells me that I can use my custom shortcut (SHIFT+T) and access all of those functions at once and say, trim two entities together, then go over and trim divide between two other entities, and then maybe go extend a few other entities before trimming them all to one point. 

Now it seems like I have to click three different functions to do all of what I used to be able to do with one hotkey. /rant

Maybe someone from CNC can chime in with the reasoning behind that because I don't understand it 🤔

Just now, Frank Caudillo said:

Why did they split up the Trim Break Extend function into separate buttons?

I absolutely HATE this change. It totally breaks up my workflow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcode said:

I absolutely HATE this change. It totally breaks up my workflow.

This is one of my favorite.  Suits years of other softwares for me.

3 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

You like the change to break them into separate functions or you liked the way it was before?

I don't mind adapting to new things (the Ribbon interface didn't bother me too much, but I didn't have years invested in the X versions anyways), but I just don't get why they changed it.

2 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

It's just the opposite for me

It's destroyed workflow and muscle memory I've developed and used since early X days

This is particularly true for the  geometry creation and manipulation methods I use doing lathe work.  

3 hours ago, Frank Caudillo said:

You like the change to break them into separate functions or you liked the way it was before?

I don't mind adapting to new things (the Ribbon interface didn't bother me too much, but I didn't have years invested in the X versions anyways), but I just don't get why they changed it.

I like the new way.

I also wish on the Drafting tab that they would split Horizontal and Vertical dimensioning.

21 hours ago, jlw™ said:

I also wish on the Drafting tab that they would split Horizontal and Vertical dimensioning.

Yes Yes Yes this drives me crazy. :blink::blink:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Yes Yes Yes this drives me crazy. :blink::blink:

I have been led to believe that is a short enough trip for you to walk. :sofa:

• Haha 2