Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MillTurn part handling

I recently added the MillTurn option for a Doosan TT1800SY specifically.  I went through online training and bought the book but that only covers so much.  I want to pull bar stock out of the main spindle and remain clamped and synced to continue turning while both chucks are clamped and synced together.  I went through all the manual part handling options and doesn't appear correct.  I am actually getting a crash with bar stock and sub spindle in simulation.  When I have the sub spindle chucked on the stock and want it to pull the stock out there is no option to take the stock with it?  There is the bar feed option but that is a separate toolpath and wants to feed the geometry after the spindle has already fed out.  I know something is wrong here but not sure what the correct process of doing this should be.  Any input would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, jmk021083 said:

I recently added the MillTurn option for a Doosan TT1800SY specifically

If this is the MP.NET Mill/Turn you will have to go through your reseller.

Editing of the machine environment (which includes the post) is unavailable to general users, even if you have the license.

If you have a normal MP post processer with separate MD and CD a lot of the misc. functions are not instantly available. This is because every machine can have different internal set ups for these, both between makes and models, but between two machines of the same make and model.

This led to crashes early on as it was impossible to have a generic post to handle all the variations. So much of the logic is commented out.

So many POCO functions need to be opened up and logic constructed (actually mostly variable assignments) to output the  codes for your specific requirements.

If you are unfamiliar with Post Processor editing again your reseller will be the best place to start.

Not what I wanted to hear.  I suppose they will want to charge more to do those things.  I suppose it was wishful thinking all the capabilities of the machine would be available rite away.   It appears like most/all the steps are there to use manually but just do not work correctly to make it happen.  

35 minutes ago, jmk021083 said:

Not what I wanted to hear.  I suppose they will want to charge more to do those things

Not necessarily. We are looking at getting the new MP.Net  set ups for our two Doosans, one of which is a TT 1800 SY.

Here are the pitfalls I see at the moment:

There just aren't that many people out there who are familiar enough with the new "machine environment" to be able to get the thing working really well, this is especially true of the resellers: most of whom find it difficult enough to provide simple mods in the classic MP which has been around for years.

So at some point you will have to fall back on CNC and then you have to wait in line for service.

The mods should be included in the maintenance (at least with our reseller) as long as you specified when you got the system what you wanted to do with it. I don't think what you are requesting should be too difficult (Ive done similar in a classic MP post and it was only an hour or so) and I would expect it to be handled by my reseller, but all resellers are not created equally so you will have to ask.

They will be allowing more access gradually (remember this new machine environment is still under development), word round the campfire is it will first be the tool library / load, but access might require some official training.

Contact your reseller, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1