Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FastTrack Barcodes?

Anyone else using Productivity Inc.'s FastTrack Tool Inventory Management?  I'm trying to figure out how to print my own barcodes for it, and though they say it's "Code 3 of 9", I'm finding it's actually "Code 128", which includes a checksum character, thus making a simple font not work.  So far the best I can do is use an online code generator that makes an image file, but what I really want to do is make sheets of labels in Word or Excel or something like that, and pasting in the image files would be a bit cumbersome.

https://barcode.tec-it.com/en/Code128?data=HAT2 20407-C3

or

https://www.free-barcode-generator.net/code-128/

I'm pretty sure that Active Reports has the ability to generate Code 128 labels. You could have Active Reports output whatever information you need, as long as the information is entered into a Mastercam Toolpath or Tool definition. I'm not sure if that info is helpful or not.

If you aren't familiar with Active Reports, I'd highly recommend Jim Varco at Varco Reports. His prices are downright cheap for what you get; a report formatted exactly how you want it to be, with all the pictures and information available inside Mastercam.

For what it's worth, I have done the Active Reports tutorials, and learned enough about it to make modifications within the framework of editing an existing AR tool list or operation report. But the level of knowledge that Jim has far surpasses mine in terms of custom AR development. And his prices are so reasonable that I figure it is much cheaper to hire Jim to get what I want, than to spend the time learning a whole language and interface for AR development. This is the same approach I often use in practice: hire an expert where it is cost effective.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I use this label printer ($90.00);

https://www.amazon.com/DYMO-LabelWriter-Thermal-Printer-1752264/dp/B0027JBLV4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=POBSRLAYOW7S&keywords=dymo+labelwriter+450&qid=1555948998&s=gateway&sprefix=dymo%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-3

Their printing software lets you build your own templates. I have mine set to import the data from our master setup excel spreadsheet. I just pick the row I want and hit print. It automatically generates the barcodes. We then pass the sticker to the saw operator. When the material is cut the sticker goes with to the machine. Then the operator just uses the USB wireless barcode reader attached to the control to pull up the correct program. 

Sticker sample below;

image.png.73932a0029c66de6e093b1e5c7da4271.png

• Like 2