Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TAPER ON WIRE EDM s

mirek1017

32 minutes ago, master80 said:

Good morning All 

question ,what is the correct  method to cut my sample shape taper  ???

cuts the straight first ,then mark the taper  separately on 2nd toolpath ,ore I can mark all chain and show on mastercam when I want to start and finish taper ???

thanks for any reply 

this is my file for show you ,what is my question 

WIRE TAPER.mcam

Can you save that as a .dwg or Iges or parisolid file so I can open it? My MC version is old.

What I would do is  a 4 axis wirepath by translating what is the top geometry to the correct z level and then use sync by entity as it looks like the same number of entities in the top as the bottom. It should wire the taper and then go to vertical on the one end where it is straight. If they doesnt work then create branch lines to connect top and bottom and use sync by Branch. Hope I made this clear.

1 minute ago, master80 said:

1.5 but I want to get .2 straight  ,then make taper 1.3 high 

thank you 

I'm not seeing something right then. It came in with all the entities on the same plane. Is that how it is on your end too?

I would burn it straight first and then you see where I extended the corner arcs and offset geometry on straight section so that you could then burn the taper setting where you want die land to be without getting into straight section.

Master80, you probably already done but since i was thinking of it I would do it this way. Cut the 4 axis taper first setting the bottom of your die land at Z1.300. It will cut the taper and the straight wall. I would then chain the top at Z1.500 to cut the .200 land and put a stop where the straight part is and dry run single block it to corner radius so you don't wire the straight side twice. 

taperlandcut.dxf

• Like 1