Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Mastercam 2020 beta 1

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that you're going to start charging for X+ with MasterCAM 2020.  Can you give us a brief description of how this will work?  Will the license be purchased though my distributor?  Will it be included in my nethasp license file or will I have to setup a second license server just for X+?  Will the software be licensed per copy or does the 400 euro/year cover all copies being run?  Will formal documentation now be included?  Will a method of support, aside from an unreliable forum, be created?  

21 hours ago, stanektool said:

I've noticed that you're going to start charging for X+ with MasterCAM 2020.  Can you give us a brief description of how this will work?  Will the license be purchased though my distributor?  Will it be included in my nethasp license file or will I have to setup a second license server just for X+?  Will the software be licensed per copy or does the 400 euro/year cover all copies being run?  Will formal documentation now be included?  Will a method of support, aside from an unreliable forum, be created?  

I've noticed that you're going to start charging for X+ with MasterCAM 2020.
Yes, X+ has been a freebie for many years. It is grown over the years and it became a fairly big job to keep it up to date.
Also Mastercam version updates are more frequently...once per year.
Hereunder I decided to adopt this new course.

Can you give us a brief description of how this will work?
Subscribers will receive a license file (XML). This file has to be copied into the public X+ folder. Very simple.
X+ will run without license on all dealer SIMs.
To create a license file: The SIM number, SIM type (Hasp/Nethasp) and of course company's name and address has do be delivered.
30 days demo licenses are possible too.

Will the license be purchased through my distributor?
You can purchase straight from gmccs or through your reseller. A discount is granted to resellers. Your reseller may contact me.

Will it be included in my nethasp license file or will I have to setup a second license server just for X+?
Nothing like that. The license will be delivered as an XML file. No server needed.

Will the software be licensed per copy or does the 400 euro/year cover all copies being run?
On a NetHasp X+ will run on all seats.

Will formal documentation now be included?
In the future I'll probably deliver some documentation and maybe also some videos. Maybe I'm going to make some tutorials.
It depends on the amount of subscribers.

Will a method of support, aside from an unreliable forum, be created?  
Email and community.
BTW I don't think that this forum is unreliable ;c)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:58 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

Will the software be licensed per copy or does the 400 euro/year cover all copies being run?
On a NetHasp X+ will run on all seats.

Hi Gunther.  What if we're not using a NetHasp?  In my case, using two individual hasp seats.  Will it be 400 euro per hasp?

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Randall said:

I Have 2 Seats of Mastercam 2020. How Do i get your X+ Setup Sheets Installed?

To install X+ you need to download the correct version from my website.

Then unzip the installer and then execute the installer.

https://www.gmccs.de/downloads_x+.php

Once X+ is installed, it makes sense to create an X+ ribbon bar with all the icons you need.

image.png.4263a0768529a45f385dfa725818f28f.png

The icons with the flash are new. They will be included with the next upload.
So don’t miss them 😉