Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Tool Path Editor

Corey Hampshire

I have some surface tool paths where I need to slow the feed rate down a bit in some corners. I was thinking, instead of slowing down the whole tool path, is there a way to just slow the feed rate down in the areas I need to? I know there is a tool path editor in Mastercam, but I have never used it and really don't know where to start with it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just highlight the operation you want to modify, right click, select toolpath editor from the bottom of the menu.

Click the point arrow until you reach the end point of the contour you want to change the feed rate. Select edit, change the feed rate, click ok.

Move the the end of the contour you want to change speed back to, edit, change feed, ok.

Etc.

If there are additional depth cuts you will need to select them with the pass arrow and make the same changes.

Play around by changing things and then post to make sure they are where you want them. It's pretty easy, you'll catch on quickly.

HTH