Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is there easy way to add a operation separator in

mike561h

First, you can (and should) and multiple Machine Groups, inside a Single Mastercam File.

This gives you the ability to have multiple "Program Names" inside the file, with each program being a complete set of information needed to produce something. Typically you would have a Fixture Program, then a "OP 1" program, then an "OP 2" program, and so on.

The reason to load a new Machine Group, is only when you have a different piece of "stock" material.

For machining a "part program", the various "set ups" that you do on the machine, I am calling "OPs". OP 1, being the first setup on the machine.

You can always "right-click" on a Machine Group and choose 'groups > add toolpath group'. This adds additional "groups" under the main Machine Group. You can even nest 'subgroups' underneath these.

It is the "Program Name" that groups actual Operations together for Output to the NC File. 

This is currently possible.

• The Command to "add a new group", is accessed from the Right-Click menu options. Right-Click > Groups > New Toolpath Group
  • If you Right-Click on the Machine Group, Mastercam will add new Groups sequentially, after the 1st toolpath group.
  • If you Right-Click on a Toolpath Group, and use "Groups > New Toolpath Group", the group added is automatically made a "Sub-group".
  • If you "Right-Click, Hold and Drag", a copy of a "group", and "drop it", on another Group, then you get a "copy/paste/cancel" menu. There is also an option to "make group a Subgroup".

EMASTERCAM_GROUP-NAMING_SUB-GROUPS_IN_OPS_MANAGER.PNG

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

How is that not exactly what you requested? Sub-groups to handle organization of Operations in a tree data structure, where you can organize your file with sub-groups in the Toolpath Manager. 

Colin myemail is an idiot. Don't bother. Help those that are appreciative.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, myemail said:

Look at it. It's an F'in mess. Do you remember when you were in 3rd grade and you learned all about outlines? THAT is what I need. That could easily be simplified and cleaned up if we had the right tools. Look at the format I presented.

LMAO

IT IS LITERALLY IN OUTLINE FORM - just not minimized.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, myemail said:

Look at it. It's an F'in mess. Do you remember when you were in 3rd grade and you learned all about outlines? THAT is what I need. That could easily be simplified and cleaned up if we had the right tools. Look at the format I presented.

Is that you Jon? If not, you're a dead ringer for him.

I love how you tell me my work is a mess, when you typed out a couple lines of text. If you are that worried about "outlines", that just tells me your Mastercam skills are sub-par.

From what I've seen so far, based on your responses, you should write your own CAD/CAM Software Program. Because you obviously know so much better than the rest of us, how it should all be done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
12 minutes ago, OVodov said:

I believe this guy came to Mastercam with Solidcam experience.

Solidcam has the feature that called SEPARATOR.  Which looks like a red arrow in MC but you could add them as many as you wish and keep them on screen.

Normal Jon B move make a new identity to support one of his other identities. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OVodov said:

Sorry, I didn't get it.

If you trying to call me Jon B you make a mistake.

Sorry, but had my name and many other people's  run through the mud by that person. I have my email and contact information shown. I am here to help people and give back to Manufacturing not be a complete pain to others. Mastercam is not perfect, but no software is. I and many others are trying to be a help and no reason to start attacking people who are trying to help.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, myemail said:

THIS is exactly what I was fishing for. We were comparing EC to MC and one issue that came up (in MC's favor) was the "helpful forum". I told them if you disagree with the MC children, they band up like Lie a group of angry teenage girls. I LOVE THIS SITE! LOL!!! You all helped me nail this coffin. EC it is. LOL. This is the 3rd time in a row.

BTW...if those of you that failed the 3rd grade experiment, if you missed out on the DAY they covered outlines, I would be more than happy to help you out.

The official Mastercam forum is over at www.mastercam.com.

All the best and might go look in the mirror at who was acting like the child.

• gcode locked this topic