Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Left hand tool climb milling

Seedy steve

LOL  , The left hand cutting face mill that I am using to double insert life,, has to be set to conventional in order to get it to climb mill!

that is just silly🤣.  

the 45 deg. inserts work in both rotational face mills allowing the other side of the insert to see material in the left hand tool!

gonna save some $$ for the man.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, gcode said:

You know that sooner or later,  an operator will load the wrong hand tool and blow the cutter body up don't you??? :rolleyes:

For now I am the only one. ,, the tool stays in #2 and my library keeps the rotational info with the tool so 4 now it's pretty seamless.

So long as I remember when I stop the spindle to start it again ccw. besides the body was ordered by accident and had been sitting 4 ever.

59 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

For now I am the only one. ,, the tool stays in #2 and my library keeps the rotational info with the tool so 4 now it's pretty seamless.

So long as I remember when I stop the spindle to start it again ccw. besides the body was ordered by accident and had been sitting 4 ever.

I had this problem with Carmex HardCut thread mills.

They run M04 and the operators kept hitting M03 and ruining the thread mill when they stopped to gage a thread.

I put tape over the M03 button for a while till they got used to them 

• Like 1