Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports: Minimum Z depth for each operation

saltedfish

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:27 AM, saltedfish said:

I've been trying to tighten up my tool report by condensing the info I need onto one sheet. One thing I'd really like is for each operation row to also contain it's minimum Z depth so I know how long to set the tool. I'm starting with a modified version of the default operation manager toolsheet for mills, which I've made into a master report (test report.rpx) and a subreport (-test subreport.rpx). My grasp of the Active Reports creation is a bit shaky, but my impression is that MasterCAM dumps a ton of info into an XML file and active reports sniffs through it and picks out the information you want and organizes it, based on the way the RPX file is laid out. I identified 5 different "minimum Z values" in the NCFILE branch:

1. NCFILE: MIN-Z
  2. NCFILE/OPERATION: DEPTH
  3. NCFILE/OPERATION: MIN-Z
  4. NCFILE/OPERATION/TOOL: MIN-Z
  5. NCFILE/TOOLS/TOOL: MIN-Z

That is, each of these are the values that can be clicked and dragged into the main body of the report, where I assume ActiveReports slurps in the data that value indicates it should find.

My problem is that the values don't always load consistently. There seems to be an issue with the Recordset Pattern: //TOOL and //TOOLS seem to be the only applicable options that have any effect:

• Master report: //TOOL, subreport: //TOOL — Master report Preview reverts to some strange default template with no numbers; subreport Preview has values for all 5
  • Master report: //TOOL, subreport: //TOOLS — Master report Preview reverts to some strange default template with no numbers; subreport Preview only has values for #3
  • Master Report: //TOOLS, subreport: //TOOL — Master report Preview shows values for #1, #4, and #5; supbreport Preview shows values for all 5
  • Master Report: //TOOLS, subreport: //TOOLS —  Master report Preview shows values for #1, #4, and #5; supbreport Preview only has values for  #3

Despite the fact that the last two combinations show something in the Preview function, when actually tested through MasterCAM, there's no values in any of the fields.

I'm wondering what I'm missing here, and hopefully someone can help me out.

2019-02-14 07_51_02-ActiveReports Viewer - [ tool report].png

test report.rpx

-test subreport.rpx

Guess what?  I've got this done by paying MasterCam $300 just to make my DEEPEST Z DEPTH shows up.  I  think it worth it.  Just send to MASTERCAM, they'll do it for you.

tools.thumb.PNG.8158dd056665536df00f231cfef17bcb.PNG

• Like 1