Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CALLING ALL SOLID MASTERS

Boolean Add

Or

Boolean Remove

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Project your fonts on to the sphere ( solid )

2. Create solid sheets from trimming surfaces with your font's wire frames

3. Thicken sheets in what ever direction you want ( Emboss or Engrave ) and however much you want .

4. Boolean add or Boolean remove will depend on what result you wish.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These images are a 10" sphere with lettering embossed .500 high and engraved .500 deep.

Emboss Fonts on a Solid Sphere.JPG

Engrave Fonts on a Solid Sphere.JPG

• Like 8
On 2/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, LESS said:

Boolean Add

Or

Boolean Remove

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Thicken sheets in what ever direction you want ( Emboss or Engrave ) and however much you want .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These images are a 10" sphere with lettering embossed .500 high and engraved .500 deep.

Nice, step 4 is all I was going to do the same.  Can you make a video?

On 2/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, LESS said:

Boolean Add

Or

Boolean Remove

Hello less,

that is exactly what I’m trying to accomplish! 

You lost me at create sheet solid, I’m missing something. I understand thicken and Boolean add/ remove. I  am. personally struggling with creating the sheet solid. 

Woukd you you make a video or please explain further? Your help is much appreciated 

I will try to explain further ...

In step 1. you create letters ( 1a. or fonts ) and then project them onto your solid or surfaces your created ( 1.b )

In step 2. you create surfaces from your solid ( 2.a ) then trim the surfaces to your letters or fonts using their wireframes ( 2.b) you then create solid sheets ( 2.c ) from the trimmed surfaces you made from your letters or fonts. Then you thicken the sheets to the desired heights and direction you wish ( 2.d)

I hope that helps explain myself better.

I don't have time to make a video today, if you need more help I could make one in the future. 

😀

Wireframe Tab.JPG

Surface Tab.JPG

Solid Tab.JPG

Edited by LESS
  • Like 2