Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam on my Surface Pro not starting

DCOPE17

I installed Mcam 2019 on my Surface Pro V5 and the install went as expected, when trying to run it, it stops at "Beginning Startup Tasks" and keeps machining the dynamic symbol for at least an hour. I have internet connection, I have the mastercam 2019 USB in and the key to run mcam. I don't know what it needs to get up and running but any help is appreciated. 

Dan

• 11 months later...

I installed 2020 on my surface pro 6.

Turned off graphics acceleration to get it to load and run.

Everything seems fine except the tool manager.

I hangs the software.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Yes I know Intel is not supported by MC.

2018 ran fine on my older Surface pro.

Disclaimer:   What I'm about to say is TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL..  That means this is not endorsed by CNC Software what-so-ever, just my own personal anecdotal experience.  Don't bother your reseller or tech support about it, they'll just laugh at you and tell you to buy a real video card :)

---------

While doing testing previously, I discovered that using the Intel video driver series 21.xx will work fine even with 2021.  There's a known problem with Intel's OpenGL implementation that started with series 22.xx drivers that affect us as well some other software with it. 

Either way, I'm not sure what damage you could cause to backdate your Intel graphics driver to 21.xxx on a modern machine as I think it's about 3 years old, but that may work for you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JParis said:

I'm surprised that CNC even lets the software try to install on a platform as that...next thing you know people will be asking why it doesn't run on the Ios or android..

Stop the madness  :)

I think that it should work but strictly as a viewer, since most companies won't pay for Vericut or NCSimul. Tablets have a lot of uses these days around a machine shop, I'm actually surprised there isn't a separate viewer already available. 

2 minutes ago, jwvt88 said:

I think that it should work but strictly as a viewer, since most companies won't pay for Vericut or NCSimul. Tablets have a lot of uses these days around a machine shop, I'm actually surprised there isn't a separate viewer already available. 

thats a good point, i actually drive a truck to work that uses Gas, i hate putting gas in it tho, they should release a truck that doesn't use gas or batteries or anything so i can get around without needing to put anything in it. since we are just eliminating the need for stuff. 

• Haha 3