Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post file save crashes when selecting Machine Control

All,

I uninstalled Mastercam 2019, wiped out all existences of Mastercam 2019 from my “C” drive, and all Registries.

I re-installed Mastercam 2019 (Mastercam 2019 Update 1 USB) as is and left all defaults as installed.

I created a simple turn profile. I used the “LATHE DEFAULT.MCAM-LMD” and posted a program. It worked as it should.

I then added the “MPLMASTER.mcam-control” and “MPLMASTER.mcam-lmd” to the “CNC_MACHINES” folder. I also added the “MPLMASTER.pst” to the lathe/post folder.

I selected the “MPLMASTER.mcam-lmd” and posted the program. It worked as it should.

I then opened the  “MPLMASTER.pst” and pressed the space bar one time and then back space to allow me to file save. Absolutely no change, just a file save.

I went to repost and it give me this message…

2120236714_PostError.png.52547a02f3acb255230e1d31b60c2adb.png

I press the no and go directly to the Machine Group to change machines an get this.

363504184_MastercamCrashReporting.png.f9308aa124f563f210e990618d1bfd95.png

I have found that if I drop the original post back in the lathe/post folder and overwrite the unchanged post everything works as it should.

In short, if I file save the “MPLMASTER.pst” in the folder I get Post Error ?

If I file saved any of my previous post that did work, I get Post Error ?

Lathe post that I did not file save still work on the new install. (A file save to any post file is where the problem starts.)

My problem now is, I do not have a post that hasn’t been file saved trying to

trouble shoot this problem.

2120236714_PostError.png.52547a02f3acb255230e1d31b60c2adb.png

After doing all of the above; I put my Doosan Machine, Control, and post in their respective folders (C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2019). As soon as I selected that machine it crashed…

363504184_MastercamCrashReporting.png.f9308aa124f563f210e990618d1bfd95.png

My idea that this was a server issue because it did the same thing on another computer with my log in and another programmers login has now been debunked. I am now wondering if installing public BETA 2020 has caused this. I have only installed BETA on this PC so I am not sure. I question that because I am getting the same exact problem with 2020 Public BETA when repeating all the above. I have spent nearly all day on this problem. I hope we will have a meeting of the minds at CNC Software and find a solution.

Thanks,

Sam

1 hour ago, Sam Roberts - 3D-Machine said:

My idea that this was a server issue

Have you checked the version of the post you are running? Just because it says 2019 doesn't mean its going to pass the handshake phase of the posting process.

I believe 2019 is V21. Look at the first line at the top of the Post (Post Version) the first number group is the version.

Yes, As I stated it works fine until I do a file save to the exact file that just worked. Updated post work fine until I do a file save to them unchanged. I am pretty computer savvy and do not think it is a Mastercam issue but for the life of me I do not know. I've never witnessed anything like this. 

This is the newest post I have but do experience the same thing with post that have been updated from previous versions.

#DO NOT MOVE OR ALTER THIS LINE# V21.00 P4 E1 W21.00 T1527269344 M21.00 I0 O0
# Post Name           : MPLMASTER
# Product             : LATHE
# Machine Name        : GENERIC FANUC
# Control Name        : GENERIC FANUC
# Description         : GENERIC FANUC LATHE C- AXIS POST
# Mill /Turn           : YES
# 4-axis /Axis subs.   : YES
# 5-axis              : NO
# Subprograms         : YES
# Canned Cycles       : YES
# Executable          : MP 14.0

Thanks,

Sam

You seem to be expecting Mastercam to respond to all "windows" commands and functions.

It won't.

Have you read Colin Gilchrist's Pro Tip Creating Control Definition Defaults on the Industrial Forum?

If not I think you will find it illuminating.

Although I am still running X9 for production I have started converting to 2019 and have had no problems.

To be sure it could be a server problem, I have seen this. But normally it affects stability (more frequent crashes) rather than the above error sequence that you describe.

I sent Colin a message this morning.

About the only thing I have not tried is removing all existence of Public BETA 2020 from my computer. Its is bizarre that it is doing the same thing. I have know idea if it was the culprit of the problem. I will be removing all existence of Mastercam including the BETA from the computer and trying again soon.  I am a 20+ year user of Mastercam and have used every version since six, before X cam out. I typically do not have issues like this. It is a strange one for sure.

Thanks,

Sam

• Like 1
On 3/7/2019 at 11:15 AM, Sam Roberts - 3D-Machine said:

This is where all my trouble began! I have not eddied post in quite a while. I have no idea when or why this box would have got checked. See attached!

1511826849_cimcoeditor.png.4de44913741c1edf17fc21b023bbfc99.png

I'm glad you got this sorted out Sam. I never would have guessed that the editor was at fault.

For what it's worth, I always make Post Processor edits with the Mastercam Code Expert Editor, since that editor has auto-complete for the MP language. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2