Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAKE ONE SURFACE

cncworker

Hello,

I have been trying like crazy to make these lines into one surface.  But I cannot seem to get it right.  So, I'm wondering if anyone would like a challenge?

See attached file.  Since we do not have the full blown 3D option, i have to have this in one surface if possible.  I don't need it filled in, just one surf around the outside.

one surf.dxf

one surf.mcam

54 minutes ago, cncworker said:

Hello,

I have been trying like crazy to make these lines into one surface.  But I cannot seem to get it right.  So, I'm wondering if anyone would like a challenge?

See attached file.  Since we do not have the full blown 3D option, i have to have this in one surface if possible.  I don't need it filled in, just one surf around the outside.

one surf.dxf

one surf.mcam

As one surface I don't see it happening and be accurate. Sorry, but either have your company step up and get the license to do it as separate surfaces or cut them as individual operations. They ask why it is taking so long tell them they made it take as long as it takes not getting you the proper tool to get the job done.

• Like 3

"SO NOT A GURU"  can you explain in more detail how you used "Coons" to create that surface?  I know how to use the ADD IN and find CoonsSurf.dll, but after i typed in the number of along patches and across patches, then tried to chain it, MasterClam said "chaining is not complete".  I'm not sure what the correct sequence of entering the information is.  I would like to know for future making of surfaces.  Thanks

2 hours ago, cncworker said:

"SO NOT A GURU"  can you explain in more detail how you used "Coons" to create that surface?  I know how to use the ADD IN and find CoonsSurf.dll, but after i typed in the number of along patches and across patches, then tried to chain it, MasterClam said "chaining is not complete".  I'm not sure what the correct sequence of entering the information is.  I would like to know for future making of surfaces.  Thanks

Someone else made a video, that I used to learn how to use CoonsSurf. I recorded that video, here is a link to it on my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nn9fg2hlmhecquy/AAAWgYQNPe6J0llkSuFNHdFla?dl=0

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I figured so. That's a shame, he was a super helpful member. I couldn't begin to count how many times he helped me, we've lost a high value asset.:(

Agreed. JP was definitely a MC rock star.  :unworthy: