Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello all,

I am currently using VB studio 2015 and I am in need of a little guidance.  This is more a programming issue than anything related to the Mastercam API.

If I sort through machining  operations and get the slot number of each tool, what is the best way to gain access to that tool for the purpose of changing feeds, speeds, an so on?

If I create a collection of all tools, can I pull out the tool that I want by knowing the slot number or tool number?

Do I need to work through a FOR / EACH loop?

Any ideas and help is most appreciated.  I am still learning.

Steven

We always need to know -> what version of Mastercam?

The way to positively identity a Tool in the local part file's tool list is -> by its Slot number

What types of Operations are you manipulating?

The NET-Hook API itself does not support all operation types.

But... There the the ToolNetAPI (starting in 2017) that can (should) be used to manipulate tools via a NET-Hook Add-In.

You can submit your detailed info to SDK <at> mastercam <dot> com

This forum is not sufficient fore doing detailed API support.

The ToolNetApi.dll is installed with Mastercam.

You'll find it in the main Mastercam ("\Program Files\mcam2018" in this case) folder.

You add a Reference to it in your NET-Hook project, just like you do for the std. NET-Hook API (NETHook3_0.dll)

There's also the ToolNetApi.xml in there, so you have Intellisense .

If you need details on how to do something specific, I should be able to round up some sample code using the TloolNetAPI.

*Be sure to send your request to SDK <at> mastercam <dot> com