Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis feed output on Fanuc too slow

Bottlecap19

Hi, I'm trying to do engraving on a 4th axis KOMA indexer, using Axis Substitution. It looks correct in the simulation, and when it posts the code, all of the movement seems correct (when doing a dry run, the rotation and locations seems fine), but the feed rates it posts seem way too slow. I'm assuming this has something to do with KOMA being a Japanese produced piece of equipment and that there's some translation error between Imperial and Metric.

The first way I tried to solve this was by simply upping the feed, and then it outputs F numbers around 2000, etc, but I'm getting Fanuc error code 003 'Too many digits'. Seems as if it doesn't want to see anything larger that F999., although this seems confusing to me because in the parameters (as far as I can tell) the maximum feed allowed is much higher than that.

I've read some other posts about G93 and using Inverse Time, but is there a way to either (a) change a parameter to allow larger that F999.? (it's not a limitation of the hardware, it can go much faster than that, for example if I spin it at F999. I can make it go faster on feed rate override no problem) or (b) is there a way to have Mastercam 2019 output using G93 and/or metric feed values JUST for this engraving operation?

Thank you!

EDIT: I should specify, I'm just doing a regular 3D contour with Axis Substition. The machine is a Doosan with a Fanuc 21i-MB controller.

Edited by Bottlecap19