Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating virtual machine

Ronald11

Greetings, I coming from Croatia and I am student of mechanical college.For my graduate assignment I choose topic Creating a virtual machine and his use in Mastercam..... and I need a help from you guys.I need a model of vertical CNC machine like in a picture. or something similar. It is a TOS Hulin SKJ  10B.

Kind regards!

IMG_1703.JPG

10 minutes ago, Ronald11 said:

I need a model of vertical CNC machine like in a picture. or something similar. It is a TOS Hulin SKJ  10B.

That's a pretty unusual (and old) configuration. I would be vey surprised if there is a ready built machine.

I wonder if you could modify a Robodrill machine (if they do one). It too has the tools grouped around the spindle (although in a different configuration).

7 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

That's a pretty unusual (and old) configuration. I would be vey surprised if there is a ready built machine.

I wonder if you could modify a Robodrill machine (if they do one). It too has the tools grouped around the spindle (although in a different configuration).

Do you have something similar, and I will modify?

22 minutes ago, Ronald11 said:

Do you have something similar, and I will modify?

I don't use the machine sim at the moment. Only 3 axis 4 axis index verticals in our shop. I've been programming them and running them for so long machine sim is unnecessary.

You should really go through your reseller....they might also be able to give you advice on the best machine to start with or even if it is possible.

I know there are people on the forum who use it so someone might have a better idea of where to start. you might get lucky.

I fear the age of the machine will defeat you, machine sim is fairly new for Mastercam and that machine must be 30+ years old.

9 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

That is called a Vertical Turret Lathe. Mastercam doesn't simulate them in a virtual machine environment without using MT. Even then it would have to be a horizontal setup to show you anything as currently they don't have anything for a VTL that I am aware of.  

What is a MT? And you are sure that I cannot use Vertical Turret Lathe in virtual machine environment? That can bee a problem for me.Because I already pick a them for  my graduate assignment.Do not scare me!!

8 hours ago, Ronald11 said:

What is a MT? And you are sure that I cannot use Vertical Turret Lathe in virtual machine environment? That can bee a problem for me.Because I already pick a them for  my graduate assignment.Do not scare me!!

Ronald 11,

Sorry but 5th axis is correct about this.

Well, there is one little exception.  You can model and create the machine in Moduleworks simulation.  However, it is VERY limited.  I use it to check clearances on the head of a Integrex E1600.  You don't see stock removal and you don't see spindle direction but you can see the "profile" of the tool and you can see it trace the toolpath but that's it.  Take that for what it's worth, all any of us do is work with the tools on hand.  I figured that out on accident.  I modeled the machine sim for my 5 axis milling and accidentally selected a turning path.  Ran the sim and it worked... kinda.

• Like 1
On 3/9/2019 at 9:08 AM, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

Ronald 11,

Sorry but 5th axis is correct about this.

See if you can do a trunnion Machine, Trunnion machines are very common in industry and just ask the instructor if you can change it to a more common 5-axis machine since there are likely more trunnion machines out there in industry than VTL's (i dont know if that is true or not but maybe itll be a good excuse and maybe the instructor will let you do the same project with a trunnion style mill. There are actually many videos on building a trunnion machine simulation on youtube, or a good video i like that was pretty recently made is this one below that jesse had made, he did an excellent job in my opinion of showing the basics of building a mach sim for mastercam.

I hope this helps, good luck with your project and some of us are happy to help with some of your questions as you progress.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone!!

Whit my professor I arrange to  use a horizontal machine instead of vertical.And I have follow this video but it is about milling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzDM-Fwq7dk&ab_channel=JesseTrinque and I need a Turret Lathe. And I have some problems abot axis and some other things. My question is there any documentation of creating virtual machine????And is there connection of Machine definition and axis when we create in virtual machine?