Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot create custom tool from this geometry

SlaveCam

Not happy yet. As the geometry consists of many tiny line segments, instead of a few arcs, performance is quite poor. Is there any tool that would fit arc to a set of lines using given tolerance?

Best I've managed so far is convert the tiny lines into a spline and break it into larger lines using break many, but I can't get the tolerance option to work.

image.thumb.png.679df2b1f11152eca1d8c95542bce4fc.png "Number" option works as expected.

I have always found that if I build a "Mastercam" tool to match my custom I get better results.  Having said that, it is not always possible such as feedmills.

The tool in the mcam file, I would define as a necked em with corner rad.

58 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

I have always found that if I build a "Mastercam" tool to match my custom I get better results.  Having said that, it is not always possible such as feedmills.

The tool in the mcam file, I would define as a necked em with corner rad.

I agree, but there are special cases where I need visual confirmation. There's plenty of custom form tools in the machine and I really prefer seeing them in visualization as they are in real life. Toolpaths for them are very simple (usually just a full circle with lead in and out).