Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level 0 bermuda triangle

So I was about to merge some geometry from one program to another and for the hell of it tried to change my level to 0 to avoid geometry getting mixed up together on level 1. It briefly showed level 0 on my level manager screen with the level name, but when I looked back again later it had changed to level 1 and the name had disappeared. geometry could still be seen on the screen but was now un-selectable. I had already saved it so I decided to reopen the .mcam file and now no geometry was visible. I know if you hover over the level # area it shows yellow saying "1 to 200000" but if you change the number in the upper portion of the manager it will allow you to change it to 0 or at least my system did. Just letting you guys know or curious if any of you have ever done the same thing.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

So I was about to merge some geometry from one program to another and for the hell of it tried to change my level to 0 to avoid geometry getting mixed up together on level 1. It briefly showed level 0 on my level manager screen with the level name, but when I looked back again later it had changed to level 1 and the name had disappeared. geometry could still be seen on the screen but was now un-selectable. I had already saved it so I decided to reopen the .mcam file and now no geometry was visible. I know if you hover over the level # area it shows yellow saying "1 to 200000" but if you change the number in the upper portion of the manager it will allow you to change it to 0 or at least my system did. Just letting you guys know or curious if any of you have ever done the same thing.

Hmm, what version were you using because my mastercam 2019 and mastercam 2020 will not let me type level 0, it gives an out of range error in yellow telling me i can use level numbers 1 through a really huge number. If i do it on the home tab under organize it will not throw up the warning but still does not accept 0. also did you hit enter after typing the level number. Like other fields in mastercam you need to hit enter or click into another field when done.