Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Has anybody else set up a 5 ax post for the new DMU-60 EVO

pullo

• gcode changed the title to Has anybody else set up a 5 ax post for the new palmbeachgroup.como ?

So ,  in order for a post to work properly for this machine ,these  vectors have to be input :

1. The vector of the spindle 0,0,1

2. The vector of the variable rot. axis (C) 0,0,1

3. For my machine ( these values will slightly differ from machine to machine  )  0.5849.... , -.5735..., 0.5735...

which is 44.6 degs from TOP and 44.6  degs from FRONT 

with these values I tried to machine the chamfer on the part , the axis of the tool pointing towards the center 

and this is what I got  ( a totally senseless result)

1073234484_IMG_20190315_133722_11.thumb.jpg.213dfdccadf2938494f3e08fc89cb8c4.jpg

After manually trying out  a few values , I came to the conclusion that a Shift in  the C-axis of -150 was more or less what I am looking for  (this value

of -150 gets added to every C axis output. 

With the shiftc of 150 in my post , this is what I saw on the machine :

• Like 1

I just realized that the heading is WRONG IT SHOULD BE DMU 60  EVO

well anyways back to the subject...

and this is the result on the machine , or in laymen terms , all is fine.

pic2.thumb.jpg.ccf4bb9f7f375aff52ed475d6921eab2.jpg

the axis of the tool intersects the axis of the cental hole of the part , etc.....

Gracjan

6 minutes ago, pullo said:

Seems like gcode is responsible for the 670 evo :) . It is , I say again DMU 60  evo.

Gracjan

Yes I have webby powers that were unknown to me

I fat fingered the title to this thread while trying to copy /paste it for a google search :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Greg Williams said:

I am not a Heidenhain guy but they must be a way to move the C axis machine zero point?

how you figure he's got a HH control?

Maybe if he can post up his toolpath code we can figure what he is talking about.

Plane Spatial /CYCLE 19 or M128 for the HH 5ax stuff.

I'm still over here wondering what he's talking about.  He's running vector code but offsetting 150°?

I googled that machine and it looks like a plain old trunnion machine to me.

I'm lost and over here polishing my bowling bat hoping he can slam dunk a touchdown.  😕

So many answers I have to give here.... :) Actually , I was hoping to get an answer from my esteemed colleagues  :)

Greg Williams :  "this value of -150 gets added to every C axis output." .  This is the definition of  a shift .  We are of course talking of a rotary shift.  If you mean that I could get the shift done on the control , yes I could do that probably with a Cycle Def 7.0 Datum Shift , C-150 command . The result would be the same. However , if for some reason the

operator would negate the command we'd get a crash...

mkd : yes it is a Heidenhain  control on this machine.  I was referring to machining when RTCP is turned on (M128).  The  plane spatial/Cycle 19 works fine ,  as I can sidestep the issue of outputting  the B-angle by outputting the A and C  angles.  The machine will calculate the right B angle based on A .

JLW:  I will slam dunk this probably today.  I will measure  the position of a hole on the outer axis of the the table ( for max angular precision)  in 3-axis mode and the I will position a gauge above the hole in RTCP /M128 /5-axis mode and see if the positions aline .  I realize this is a reverse engineering approach, but it's one that will get me close

to the end result and that will give me time to ask around/figure it out , whilst the customer is chugging away on his new DMU-60  evo:)

Edited by pullo
spelling etc

So it turned out that my C-150 was just one special solution for one problem , but it would not have worked in general.  It turned out that by tweaking two parameters

in  my Camaix post I was able to output the right angles  without the C shift .  

Gracjan

• Sad 1

jlw , wanted more info about setting up the post , so here it goes :

it's a table - table  , with  the B-axis vector always provided by DMG  as in the picture:1257296850_IMG_20190206_0935451.thumb.jpg.fd96eef25df2ea3940c3145831a9da7d.jpg

other than that , nothing special about setting up a post for it .

20 minutes ago, Grievous said:

Just a thought....you can set your post, to give you in M128 mode(5x) the surface-normal vectors NX, NY, NZ, instead of your machine axes. Same code will work in a machine with a different kinematic also.

I don't think you need to use LN to support different axis combos; AC code in M128 will run on an BC machine. 

I think you mean TX, TY, and TZ for the tool vector.