Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multi axis Tool path help

AWL304

I'm Very new to multi axis tool paths, as seen in the picture attached, i have pockets wrapped around a diameter and need to rough/finish them.

They have around +.130"/surface stk so.... i was hoping a swarf?? just wanted to go in and around the walls and then a constant scallop of some type for floor??

any suggestions would be appreciated!!

POCKETS.JPG

19 minutes ago, AWL304 said:

I'm Very new to multi axis tool paths, as seen in the picture attached, i have pockets wrapped around a diameter and need to rough/finish them.

They have around +.130"/surface stk so.... i was hoping a swarf?? just wanted to go in and around the walls and then a constant scallop of some type for floor??

any suggestions would be appreciated!!

POCKETS.JPG

Swarf should do just fine. You can step down or Multi pass.

10 minutes ago, AWL304 said:

why are there two different swarf tool paths??

My guess is one is an old Mastercam created path and the other is the newer one made by ModuleWorks.  Sometimes one works better and sometimes the other.   There are even more surface project toolpaths.  I've found three of them.