Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro For Pallet Change

Is there a macro for working both pallet . One pallet can be load into the fixture. then hit cycle start then second pallet can go into the machine while the first is coming out from the machine, Because every time I need to enter M90 to change each Pallet. The Machine has a Fanuc Control. Can someone advice. I can put M90 into the program, But it gives a alarm.Thanks

1 hour ago, Carlos454 said:

Is there a macro for working both pallet . 

You will need to be a little more precise :

What kind of machine?

What kind of pallet changer?

Whatever system you have there should be built in Macros. Have you tried the Operation and Programming manuals?

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, Carlos454 said:

No Operation or programming Manuals. Toyoda CNC Machine, 4 Axis

Get on the phone to Toyoda, give them serial number of machine and get a programming and Ops. Manual.

You might also find out from them who did the original install and find out how it was set up.

There are so many ways to set these up and many parameter settings to chose from, depending on what was ordered and to a certain extent the whim of the installer.

The chances of getting this going doing a service call through the forum is unlikely. There is just too much unknown info.

• Like 1

I am looking into this. Because I am trying to write to two difference program for each pallet, Because our cnc operator had to do a MDI to change the pallet. I need the operator load one pallet hit cycle start then when the other pallet is done the second program will start. While he is loading the part into the fixture, the first pallet is in the machine (machining) Once he done. I do not want the operator to do A MDI in order to change pallets and then he has to load difference program for the other pallet.Is there a macro that I need to set up because I am using M82 for Right Pallet and M83 for Left Pallet. Thanks

56 minutes ago, Carlos454 said:

.Is there a macro that I need to set up because I am using M82 for Right Pallet and M83 for Left Pallet.

First we still don't know if this is a Vertical  or a Horizontal machine.

There is almost certainly a macro but which one of probably dozens of pallet change macros out there in the wild.

It sounds like its a vertical (Left and Right Pallet) in which case there are probably several pallet change macros and they will be different than pallet change macros for a Horizontal (which is what is being discussed above).

Additionally many vertical pallet changers are third party "add ons" and they might not all have the same control system.

Its like asking someone to fix your car but you refuse to tell them what the model or vin number are.

You need to get a tech in there that knows these machines and there configuration. If it is a vertical there aren't that many out there.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, Leon82 said:

Why don't you include the exact model number since you don't want to call maybe somebody has the same one

I think this is amateur night in Dixie.

They probably bought the machine right after someone told them that "with CNC you just have to pile the material in the general vicinity of the machine and the finished parts just make themselves."

Nothing like learning the hard way...