Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis help

empower

hey guys, newbie here. i'm a somewhat intermediate MC user, but have only done 3 axis stuff or 3+2 until now. starting to get a bit into simultaneous stuff and just hitting a huge learning curve. i created some toolpaths and posted them out to run on our VF3 with TRT160, but some of the transition moves are VERY jittery (we have HSM enabled). spoke with haas applications engineers, here's what they sent me:

Eugene and Shad, I have watched the videos and looked through the program. As I am not an expert in Mastercam, I do not know what settings we need to change to get smoother movements. I see a lot of small linear movements less than .001” in length with small angular movements down to .002 of a degree. I think with even running a slow feedrate the Haas is going to struggle to make smooth movements line by line with tiny segments. Eugene what happens if you post the code at half of the feedrate you are using? Does the motion become any smoother? Do you have any contacts with Mastercam that may be able to program a small section of your part and see how their motion is?

Shad and I talked yesterday, and I had this same problem with Powermill on our demo UMC-750 and it took the guys from Autodesk a few tries to get smoother motion even on the new control. We know the classic control is not as fast at processing as the new one and I really believe we need a Mastercam expert to help here. High speed machining as you guys have purchased is helping but is not going to be the answer for your problem. Somehow we need to get code out of your software with longer movements in all axis without deviating from the programmed surface.

is this controlled by the tolerance?