Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain Hail Mary

I have an issue with a Heidenhain control and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Control is Cerca 2004 TNC426/430 Nutating Head Machine, I'm going though some post issues with the customer, and 5 axis programming support.

We have sorted out that the control does not do TCP (M128) in Cycle 19, only Spatial plane, I was doing some test code on the control too check formatting for the post update.

Issue is Every time I call a Cycle 19, or Plane Reset STAY, I'm getting an "Angle Cannot Be Calculated" error, I'm pretty much getting this error all the time. Even tempting a tool change gives this error. Started when I did a Plane Reset Stay before an M128.

What I feel is happening based on the behavior of the machine is somehow the Kinematics is twisted compared to head or something, I've Restated the machine with the head vertical, and all the numbers display 0's (B,C).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
7 minutes ago, Codeworx said:
I have an issue with a Heidenhain control and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Control is Cerca 2004 TNC426/430 Nutating Head Machine, I'm going though some post issues with the customer, and 5 axis programming support.

We have sorted out that the control does not do TCP (M128) in Cycle 19, only Spatial plane, I was doing some test code on the control too check formatting for the post update.

Issue is Every time I call a Cycle 19, or Plane Reset STAY, I'm getting an "Angle Cannot Be Calculated" error, I'm pretty much getting this error all the time. Even tempting a tool change gives this error. Started when I did a Plane Reset Stay before an M128.

What I feel is happening based on the behavior of the machine is somehow the Kinematics is twisted compared to head or something, I've Restated the machine with the head vertical, and all the numbers display 0's (B,C).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Send it home every time before doing any plane movements. Been 20+ years, but I remember having to do this on a machine years ago. Yes means a lot of unwanted axis travels and such, but some of the older machines had to be in the home position to do everything correctly. 15 year old machine might need that.

18 minutes ago, Codeworx said:

Thanks for the advice Ron, I will keepnitnin mind but I'm stuck with the machine unoperational hoping someone can point me in the right direction to recover the machine .

Sorry was not clear the machine was dead in the water. Might need to move it to the home position by hand power off and power back on. Have you tried that?

12 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Sorry was not clear the machine was dead in the water. Might need to move it to the home position by hand power off and power back on. Have you tried that?

No problem, likely my rushed wording.

Yes I've tried that, was a suggestion I recieved from a friend who is familiar with the Hedenheian.

7 minutes ago, Codeworx said:

No problem, likely my rushed wording.

Yes I've tried that, was a suggestion I recieved from a friend who is familiar with the Hedenheian.

Sorry to say it might be a service call to get it taken care of.

Shoot me an email. I have a good friend (Daniel Santos) in Texas from Brazil who might be able to help. I will send you his email.

• 3 weeks later...