Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2019 Contour ramp

left coast lefty

its still there, i just checked in 2020 and i use it all the time in 2019 so i know its there too. if it does not appear its probably not a flat chain, Make sure you are selecting geometry that is Flat in respects to your current tool plane. If you have a 3d chain selected it will only show a few contour types. if it is not flat geometry try the transform Project and project the geometry to make it flat and re-chain and it should be available under the contour toolpath

• Like 1
18 hours ago, JoshC said:

its still there, i just checked in 2020 and i use it all the time in 2019 so i know its there too. if it does not appear its probably not a flat chain, Make sure you are selecting geometry that is Flat in respects to your current tool plane. If you have a 3d chain selected it will only show a few contour types. if it is not flat geometry try the transform Project and project the geometry to make it flat and re-chain and it should be available under the contour toolpath

I see that now, thanks.

• 9 months later...

I actually have the same question.  I have mastercam router entry (first level of software).  No mater what I do there is no option for ramp on contour.  All I have is the option for 2d contour or 2d chamfer. No ramp option.   The person that sold us the equipment said it’s not available on router entry.   I find that hard to believe given I can I ramp on a pocket tool path.  Any help would appreciated thanks

5 hours ago, Daxman77 said:

I actually have the same question.  I have mastercam router entry (first level of software).  No mater what I do there is no option for ramp on contour.  All I have is the option for 2d contour or 2d chamfer. No ramp option.   The person that sold us the equipment said it’s not available on router entry.   I find that hard to believe given I can I ramp on a pocket tool path.  Any help would appreciated thanks

if you select 3d geometry that is not all the same Z height it will not let you use ramp, only 2d/3d will appear. Make sure you are selecting flat geometry and not 3d geometry. an easy way to flatten the geometry for use is transform project.

3d chaining is the only time i have seen ramp not appear, unless the plane is set wrong in which case mastercam might be looking at the flat geometry from an angled view which would cause it. so a problem with a plane could cause this as well like if i had the contour geometry drawn in a front plane but toolpathed from a top plane for example.

this is what i am talking about, see how in this image i am selecting a 3d chain that is not flat relative to the plane being used.

cap1.png

this one does have ramp after i flattened out that geometry, so if you are dealing with 3d geometer flatten it out like i have done in this example and ramp should be an option

Capture2.png

• 1 month later...

I found the problem.  I have “router entry” which does not have ramp function and a whole slew of other opt great tools.  We can’t justify spending $5000 to upgrade to “router one

is there any other way of achieving the ramp function.   Or would I have to modify the gcode.