Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2019 operation numbers

AMCNitro

If you go to the Operation display Options, there are 2 different Operation numbers available.  "List numbers" will be a sequential operation list.  The "Internal operation ID" is the operation number that was assigned when you created the operation.  If you have the Internal operation ID displayed, then when you move operations around, the operation numbers don't change.

If you delete an operation the Internal operation ID is not used and not "recycled"

image.png.75e4b6ca7918abb31c141c9371aebb14.png

A neat organization tip:

I use Internal operation ID numbers to put toolpath geometry on.  As an example;  If I have 10 operations, (1 through 10)  I will put the toolpath geometry for internal op ID 1 on Level 101,  the geometry for internal op ID 2 on level 102 and so on.  This way if I come back to this file a year from now (or hand off this file to someone else), they can easily find the geometry for that operation.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Bill Craven said:

If you go to the Operation display Options, there are 2 different Operation numbers available.  "List numbers" will be a sequential operation list.  The "Internal operation ID" is the operation number that was assigned when you created the operation.  If you have the Internal operation ID displayed, then when you move operations around, the operation numbers don't change.

If you delete an operation the Internal operation ID is not used and not "recycled"

image.png.75e4b6ca7918abb31c141c9371aebb14.png

A neat organization tip:

I use Internal operation ID numbers to put toolpath geometry on.  As an example;  If I have 10 operations, (1 through 10)  I will put the toolpath geometry for internal op ID 1 on Level 101,  the geometry for internal op ID 2 on level 102 and so on.  This way if I come back to this file a year from now (or hand off this file to someone else), they can easily find the geometry for that operation.

Nice Tip Bill.
Now you need to jump into 2020 B3 Or higher and check out this nice new tool we put in.

678980145_Assoiation2020.thumb.jpg.4f19d428b4087bcbb295b8a09269ab3e.jpg

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

Now you need to jump into 2020 B3 Or higher and check out this nice new tool we put in.

Thanks Jay,  That looks sweet.

I've got 2020 loaded, but haven't had much time to work with it.  I have to work in the version that my customers use.  (you know how it is)