Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need help making a weird slot

cSpampinato1987

the set up: I have a trial version of Mastercam that I'm trying to learn with. I've created a solid mandrel by using the wireframe feature to make a profile of the part, and then revolving it. Next, I made a wireframe of the slot that I want to cut on the head of the mandrel. I'm trying to make surfaces out of this wireframe so that I can make it a solid which I can then cut out of the head of the mandrel. I'm not sure if that is how this should be done, I'm kind of just trying to use youtube videos to get a better understanding.

the problem: I can't create a surface on the top and bottom of the slot (the cylindrical surfaces).

I'll upload the file that I'm working on. It is based on a part that my boss was quoting. I use a different software to program, but I wanted to see if I could learn a more advanced cam program. Kinda feels like I'm in over my head though.

**edit: I can't upload files to this topic. I'll try to contact the mods & keep trying**