Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

importing text question

cherokeechief79

I have to make a retirement plaque and itcontains only words but lots of them.

the font is not fancy and probably just block letters of varying sizes.

someone has already made the sample file for me in wordpad or a similar program.

can I import this right into mc for engraving or am I going to have to rewrite the entire thing?

I know I could use the raster to vector converter but I need the letters "crisper" than I would get by using the converter.

thanks,  mark

1 hour ago, cherokeechief79 said:

ronc........can I import a txt file directly into mc without inputting it into the txt field while in the function "create text"?

Yes. Underneath the area where you type your text, click "Load File" and then select your pre-typed text file.

1 hour ago, cherokeechief79 said:

ronc........can I import a txt file directly into mc without inputting it into the txt field while in the function "create text"?

Not sure what ver. MC your run but...

in 2019 There is a place to load in txt file..

would show you a picture of it but for some odd reason can't upload it..

keep giving me an error

sorry about that but it is there under create letters

22 hours ago, cherokeechief79 said:

thanks I never knew that!

this also has barcodes on it.not too hard to reproduce but tedious none the less.

is there a way of bringing the whole page in as a pdf?

You might have access to the Raster to Vector user app on your system (go to Run Add-In on the Home menu and find Rast2Vec.dll).  If you can find a way of exporting from Word as a TIFF, BMP or JPG (Tiff preferred for best quality) then you should be able to import that into Mastercam.