Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotating toolpaths and offsets

JB7280

As you can see in the screenshot, I have 2 parts being machined together.  Same operations, but they are rotated because there is side work being done to machine a counterbore, drill, and tap.  I have created all of the toolpaths to complete the highlighted part on the left.  I have offsets created for the part on the right.  Can I copy all my toolpaths  and everything to the part on the right, without creating an issue?  

*Edit* - actually attaching the screenshot would be helpful....

rotation.PNG

Ok, I came damn close to what I want with a Transform/Rotate toolpath.  With all the options in that dialog, I would assume there's a way to do it, and not have to manually assign the offsets and planes for the other part.  Or am I asking for too much?? 😎

First Z2G i've created, so please let me know if I did it right.  Also, I'm a fairly fresh MC user, so feel free to tell me anything else about my program that's atrocious, haha.  I was able to make it work, but it took a good bit of changing planes, offsets, repicking chains, etc.  Perhaps there's a better way.  Thanks!!

4022.481.6285V25.ZIP

3 hours ago, JB7280 said:

First Z2G i've created, so please let me know if I did it right.  Also, I'm a fairly fresh MC user, so feel free to tell me anything else about my program that's atrocious, haha.  I was able to make it work, but it took a good bit of changing planes, offsets, repicking chains, etc.  Perhaps there's a better way.  Thanks!!

4022.481.6285V25.ZIP

do you want each part to have its own offset, like G54 and G55, or are they going to be perfectly spaced and using 1 offset?

10 hours ago, JoshC said:

do you want each part to have its own offset, like G54 and G55, or are they going to be perfectly spaced and using 1 offset?

I made each part have 2 offsets.  One at B0, and the other at B90/270 respectively.  So 4 offsets for the full program..