Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inch to metric

EZ3PUTT

We have a Hitachi Seiki HT-20SII lathe that we want to convert from inch to metric. I have looked in the parameter list for this machine and parameter #6001 bit 0 is to toggle between inch and metric values. I have changed the bit from a 1(inch) to a 0 (metric) but it appears there must be more involved than just this one step. The control still displays 4 decimal places rather than 3 places shown in the metric examples in the book. I do have a call (got voice mail)into our local rep but I expect it to be a while before I hear from him. I did power down and back up after changing the parameter setting.

I have got the machine into a metric mode. However the display is not in metric. I put an indicator on the machine and gave an MDI command of w-1.0 and see .0394" movement on the indicator. But the position display reads .1000 instead of 1.000

I would expect the display to read 3 decimal places rather than 4 like it is. If it did my .1000 display would read 1.000

Anybody got any suggestions.

I have finally achieved the goal of converting our Hitachi from inch to metric. Why do some things that seem so simple have to be so damn complicated. I have seen many machines that do that conversion with a simple parameter change but the Hitachi is not that simple.

• 13 years later...