Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TROUBLE FINDING TOOL IN THE TOOLPATH MANAGER

4VRGJ03

Hello All. Here is the issue. I just finished a program which had 66 toolpaths (processes) and 22 tools. From the Tool Manager I can see all the tools that the program is using and they are all nicely listed. Lets say one of the tools I used was a Ø1/4" Endmill and I wanted to find out which Tool Paths were using that tool. 

How do I do this?

The issue is I have to expand all of the toolpaths (processes) one by one to find that tool. The more Toolpaths you created the more time consuming this becomes.

What I have been doing is saving the file deleting the tool...at that point Mastercam makes the applicable toolpaths "Dirty" and then I reopen the file and make my changes. (This method sucks the big bag)

Thanks Everyone!

10 minutes ago, M4573RMZD said:

The issue is I have to expand all of the toolpaths (processes) one by one to find that tool

the letter E expands and collapses selected tool pathes all at once. 

click on the manager and press E a few times to see the loop of display states.

and if u right click and choose display options in the tool path manager u can turn off unneeded info to clean up the default messiness.

45 minutes ago, ajmer said:

RIGHT CLICK IN THE OPERATIONS MANAGER

SELECT

THEN PUT YOUR TOOL NUMBER IN 

AND IT WILL SELECT ALL THE OPERATIONS THAT USE THAT TOOL

OOPS SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK

Thanks Ajmer! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks Everyone else for your input all are very good tips! I use toolpath groups but not to that extent Old_Bear. Interesting though. Mabey I can use that...Hmmmmm... Interesting

19 hours ago, Old_Bear said:

I don't know about anyone else but I use toolpath groups....

Each tool listed in a group of the operations that the tool is used in.

I never have to wonder 

Capture12.PNG

Althouh I'm not working on parts with this many operations just yet in Mastercam, I did in Esprit, so i'm sure I will be soon.  I like this idea, because I find the toolpath manager to be clutter and a bit confusing.  Stupid question though, if you have things grouped in different toolpaths, how do you order your operations?

6 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Stupid question though, if you have things grouped in different toolpaths, how do you order your operations?

Mindyou, that is a smallish file  ;)

In that tree, you are looking at the order of operations as well....that is done on an HMC

If I did it on a VMC with multiple vises & OP's in one program, I would use much the same method....using the tools in the order they are called and listing it OP1, OP2, OP3, etc..

If I do single OP's.....I use multiple machine groups