Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

zoom speed

Tim Pruett

• 1 month later...

Good Evening All....I have to open this one up again... I'm looking to increase the zoom and unzoom increment of the mouse wheel. 

In a nut shell when I scroll down the mouse wheel to unzoom is there any way to increase the increment of the unzoom.

Does Mastercam have a setting for this??

Thanks all

Though this is a small example, it's a good example of why I do not like to rely on 3rd party add-ins/chooks

Over the years there have been many that after a few versions fall by the wayside..

As I recall, Takashi had created that chook for the reseller he was working for and after a few releases, his boss didn't want him spending any more time on it..so it died.  

On 5/21/2019 at 7:12 PM, M4573RMZD said:

Oh geese I didn't realize that this was posted not too long ago. I thought this was an old post and mabey there might have been a solution by now. Mabey there really is no setting in Mastercam.

Sorry.

might consider using a different mouse like the Logitech Proteus G502 that has a free spinning zoom wheel.

Unless you already have one similar

7 hours ago, Metallic said:

might consider using a different mouse like the Logitech Proteus G502 that has a free spinning zoom wheel.

Unless you already have one similar

I'm not to fond of free spinning wheels. I need a good sturdy scroll wheel as with cad and cam the depression of the scroll wheel activates part rotation and I find free spinning wheels are not as robust.......the Logitech you mentioned shows a decent scroll wheel.....now that we are on this topic......

When I shop for a Mouse, I pull the trigger on the one with the most Robust scrolling wheel. I use a 3D Connexion 3 button CAD Mouse. For Mastercam I programmed the middle mouse button to act as the 'shift' key so I can pan my models without touching the keyboard. So Now I can rotate, pan and zoom in and out without ever touching the keyboard. The problem is the Zoom Increment. I would like to have a better zoom increment so I can navigate smoother. The 3D Cad mouse is expensive about $150 Can. The only another mouse (in my opinion) which is good for Cad and has THE BEST (again in my opinion) scroll wheel is the R.A.T Mouse. I used a R.A.T Mouse at a company for 2 years on CAD systems 9 hours a Day everyday and that mouse is still alive today. The buttons literally NEVER WORE OUT. It clicks and scrolls just like the day I bought it. I am not kidding. It's a great fit for your hand and it has the Best Scroll wheel on the planet. The problem is I cannot find one with 3 buttons.

However I  think the 3D connexion CAD Mouse is the Ultimate CAD Mouse on the planet as it is a perfect fit for your hand and is more professional looking when it sits on your desk, it just needs the scroll wheel from R.A.T. 

I have a 3D space wheel which can solve my problem with the zoom. I just hate putting it on my desk because everyone stares at it. I even bought the small one so it's not as big. I prefer not to use it. I hate attention. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Old_Bear said:

Though this is a small example, it's a good example of why I do not like to rely on 3rd party add-ins/chooks

Over the years there have been many that after a few versions fall by the wayside..

As I recall, Takashi had created that chook for the reseller he was working for and after a few releases, his boss didn't want him spending any more time on it..so it died.  

It is a shame that CNC doesn't hoover these *little* enhancements up and take them under their wing to keep them going. Even as a "not-supported/official" chook, but just updated for each release and kept on their web page for user download at their own risk.

• Like 1
On 5/25/2019 at 12:35 AM, gcode said:

Get  Space Mouse learn to use it and forget about the scroll wheel.

Your mouse finger will thank you

That doesn't excuse the painfully slow zoom that MC users at this forum have been complaining about for almost 20 years now.

48 minutes ago, Thad said:

That doesn't excuse the painfully slow zoom that MC users at this forum have been complaining about for almost 20 years now.

I wouldn't know.

I haven't used the scroll wheel to zoom in Mastercam in 20 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, gcode said:

I wouldn't know.

I haven't used the scroll wheel to zoom in Mastercam in 20 years

Not trying to be a smart a$$

I have been using a 3D mouse for so long I don't even know how to

run Mastercam or Solidworks without one

• Like 3
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, gcode said:

Not trying to be a smart a$$

I have been using a 3D mouse for so long I don't even know how to

run Mastercam or Solidworks without one

As a new-ish 3D mouse user I have to agree. There are situations where using my zoom wheel is easier, but less and less so...definitely a game changer for CADCAM work, especially complex stuff where you need to pivot all sorts of features around.

I even use it for scrolling browser and Adobe Reader

• 1 year later...