Sign in to follow this  
Fabio1

MAZATROL SMART

Hello all

We just got MC2019 lathe for our Mazak lathe, with Mazatrol Smart controller. I did not see Mazak listed in the control definitions. Is there a similar format used by one of the machines listed or do we have to request one through mastercam ?

thanks

I would get one through your re seller. What we did while we was waiting for one is use Mazatrol all we could and i would write a sub for any 3d work  or something i couldnt do in Mazatrol. When i would write a sub i would use Default post and edit the specific m codes i needed by hand.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Fabio1 said:

It appears not to be a .NC file type.

Mazatrol is a proprietary conversational language . There is a post which will post out in Mazatrol language but I don't know if it is any good. Most people I know turn off Mazatrol and run Mazaks version of G-code for anything complicated. Again it is proprietary but it is close enough to that it is not difficult to convert a fanuc post.