Sign in to follow this  
SlaveCam

Getting transform op's work offset number

Why is this not working?  All I get is -99999, also test = opinfo(15332, 0) will yield the same result.

if op_id$ <> xform_op_id$, #Inside transform?
      [
       test = opinfo(15332, 0, 0010)
       *test, e$              
      ]

image.png.0544d0502ae310aa2ab56ca46da3b267.png

EDIT: Actually param 15332 is work offset numbering type, but that's what I am trying to get, despite misleading topic.

EDIT2: I don't get it. Now it mysteriously started to work, despite code being exactly the same, and operations being exactly identical. Is it possible that Mastercam fails to reload the modified/updated post processor file into memory for some reason (it is on network drive) which can cause glitches?!

Did you copy and paste that code from your editor?  If so you have some extra junk after the 15332, see below.

image.png.08e4e5c0b1548e431ec91fa60565cfce.png

image.png.7a8d5da2b63585e3608ee94ecdfe5cff.png

Once I removed the extra characters everything worked as expected.

• Like 1

Yes I did. That was observant! And that explains everything. AND, this is a recipe for disaster. If Mastercam Code Expert messes with my post with invisible junk, crashes are bound to occur.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, SlaveCam said:

Why is this not working?  All I get is -99999, also test = opinfo(15332, 0) will yield the same result.

if op_id$ <> xform_op_id$, #Inside transform?
      [
       test = opinfo(15332, 0, 0010)
       *test, e$              
      ]

image.png.0544d0502ae310aa2ab56ca46da3b267.png

EDIT: Actually param 15332 is work offset numbering type, but that's what I am trying to get, despite misleading topic.

EDIT2: I don't get it. Now it mysteriously started to work, despite code being exactly the same, and operations being exactly identical. Is it possible that Mastercam fails to reload the modified/updated post processor file into memory for some reason (it is on network drive) which can cause glitches?!

I'm curious. Were you trying to get your post to put out a G57?

Slavecam,

Also, for Transform Ops, check your Control Definition File. There is a setting to output:

• Operation's Parameters
  • Transform's Parameters
  • Both Op and Transform Params.

Typically, I always use the "Both" option...