Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Editing for Fanuc OiTF controller

Hello All,

I recently edited a post for a customer and wanted to confirm if my editing is correct or incorrect or does it need any modification. Firstly I would like to tell you that this was edited on the default post. I will be attaching the .pst file with this post. Here are the changes made to the post.

Following things were changed in the post:

1.      Reference code which was G28 changed to G30 in the following location. (Since my customer uses G30 instead of G28)

a.      #Toolchange g50 position

b.      #Retract to reference return

2.      The coolant start which was M08 was changed to M07 in the following location (on the machine M08 command did not respond and the M07 was set as default coolant on)

a.      Coolant M code selection for V9 style coolant

3.      The V co-ordinate during tool change and homing was removed since the machine did not have a Y axis

4.      G40 and G97 code where added in the end of the line as per the customer requirement

a.      pl_retract      #Retract tool based on next tool gcode, lathe (Reason of adding is this program is called during “End of file for tool zero” and “End of file for non-zero tool”)

5.      When the program ends and goes back to home position the tool T0100 was being called, hence canceled the T0100 by inputting T0000 so that the tool remains in the same location when homing. (as per customer requirement)

a.      ptoolend$

6.      In canned cycle of G74 peck drill, the value of Q was generating in millimeters wherein the machine was reading the Q line in microns, also the decimal point after the integer value in Q was not reading, hence changed the Q value from 2 to 16 under the location.

a.      Drill output (fmt  "Q" 16  peck1$      #First peck increment (positive))

By changing this integer value the program generates the Q line only in microns which now the machine can read.

7.      Threading cycle with G92 was not responding in the machine since G92 is for maximum speed on the machine. Hence changed the G92 to G78 in the following location

a.      # Select canned cycle type, profile is direction of finish profile vector (“sthdg92 : "G92"      #Cycle type G92” to “sthdg78 : "G78"      #Cycle type G78”

I just recently started editing the post and I'm a noob at this, I just wanted to validate my changes so that I can understand from experts that if I'm going in the right direction. Also, I do not have any document which assists me with my post editing, If any of you do have it please send me a pdf document. Some times it is very hard to understand a script and where it is linked to.

HAVE ATTACHED THE .PST FILE WITH THIS POST

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Chirag

MPLFAN.pst