Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Are there ANY tutorials on port expert?

I understand alot of it is self explanatory but some of it is not. We were told by our distributor that there would not be any support for port expert. There used to be a video tutorial but it was pulled from the videos. Was this product dropped for 2020? Is it a big giant secret? Surely is frustrating we have to rely on one video a customer made on youtube who barely speaks english.

BTA,

Port Expert is a module for Mastercam that is made by Moduleworks. This is a company in Germany that builds much of the 'architecture' for Mastercam behind the scenes.

Have you downloaded a copy of the Moduleworks Help File yet? There is a link on the main forum page to download a copy of it. This help file has a ton of information that is specific to each cut strategy.

There is an entire section dedicated to the Port Expert path in the help file. I usually base my custom classes for both Port Expert and Blade Expert, on the content contained in the MW help file.

If your company wants someone to come do onsite training, I'd be happy to discuss my services with you and/or your management team. 

The hardest part of building a good Port Expert path, is knowing how to create and modify the "Guide Curve". I have many techniques for building and manipulating the curves that are required. Moreover, I can answer your direct questions about how and why the path behaves a certain way. I can also show you how to diagnose and fix issues that come up all the time.

Are you porting automotive engine heads, or perhaps aerospace tube ducts? I've got a fair amount of experience with both...

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:04 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

BTA,

Have you downloaded a copy of the Moduleworks Help File yet? There is a link on the main forum page to download a copy of it. This help file has a ton of information that is specific to each cut strategy.

Could you tell me where the link is for this documentation? I looked on the main forum page but I didn't see it.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, tony1001 said:

Could you tell me where the link is for this documentation? I looked on the main forum page but I didn't see it.

Thanks

Perhaps you didn't look around enough?

It is literally the "5th pinned topic" in the Industrial Forum. (BTW, that is the "main page", perhaps the terminology is confusing you?)

14 minutes ago, tony1001 said:

Ok, thanks. I will see if I can get my supervisor to download it since I am unable to.

After you download the Help File, someone with Administrator Privileges will need to Right-Click on the file, and use the "unblock" feature, so that the file will be allowed to run properly on your computer.