Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino S56 with Pro 3 (Fanuc 18i) from 2005, High Speed

All,

I have  a customer with a Makino S56 with Pro 3 control which is Fanuc 18i hiding under there.  It is a "high speed" machine and sold as such - back in the day.  It has a Tsudakoma 4th/5th trunnion.  I'd really like this to work as I'm taking this from Surcam since they couldn't get a post.  It was no problem dialing in a post and outputting the HSM codes of M250, M251, etc but it behaves differently with rotary.  If we activate M251 she is silky smooth as long as it's only XYZ motion.  It really seems to eat linear segment much better than arc moves as well.  As soon as it sees a rotary move it gets choppy and even seems to dwell on linear motion that does not have rotary motion.  I am currently trying to help with a program that is simply indexing the rotary for positioning.  Picture an hour glass, laying side ways and machining in X with the rotary rapiding the part so the motion is basically the same every pass.  The same exact path in M251 is smooth at 200ipm... throw the rotary indexes in and it's choppy and stalling at every line - even if I reactivate the M251 after indexes.  Seems as though the look ahead is seeing the rotary and losing it's mind.  They're replacing castings with the shape machined from barstock so I need to get out of the way and let it eat.  Trouble is, it's apparently not hungry.  Can any one point me to smoothing settings that will let her dance in rotary motion?  I can index and get smooth linear but the shape needs to not have blend lines.

I'm open to anything as I've tried a lot but confident I haven't tried it all.

I used a M268 on our A66 with a Pro 3. Was not a full 4th only 1 degree indexing. 

S1069M3
G0G90G54X-.2105Y.6129
M97(COOLANT)
M268(HSM ON)
G43H239Z.25
Z.2
G1Z0.F6.42
X-.7105
G3X-1.2105Y.1129R.5
X-.1505Y-.9471R1.06
X.9095Y.1129R1.06
X-.1505Y1.1729R1.06
X-1.2105Y.1129R1.06
X-.7105Y-.3871R.5
G1X-.2105
Z.2
G0Z.25
M05
M269(HSM OFF)

I tried M253 with no noticeable difference.

Thanks, I'll try M268.

I've had a service call in with Makino.  The first time I called was almost two months ago.  Called again Thursday of last week.  I guess they don't realize this is for a huge shop with around 200 machines and looking to buy more.  It's' a little irritating to wait on help.