Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Mikron

Slixmix

We now have a new GF Mikron E 500 U with a Heidenhain control. Our 1st Heidenhain control... Was looking at some posted code. Didn't realize just how different the code is compared to our regular Fanuc - Mitsubishi control machines. This should be a fun transition. Any pointers? 😎 

The control is different, but nothing about it is hard.  Have you have training yet?  GF used to offer training at their facility for free; if that's still the case take advantage of it.

Also, call GF!  Their apps guys are second to none in my experience and really know the machine and control inside and out. 

Take that last part with a grain of salt... I used to be a Mikron Apps guy for GF.

• Like 2

This is not my opinion , as to have an opinion one would have to have a good practical knowledge of what one is saying (I only know HH very well) , but someone once wrote on the CNC - arena that Heidehain is the ideal control for a 5-axis machine. With other widely used controls , not so much...

Gracjan

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, Slixmix said:

We now have a new GF Mikron E 500 U with a Heidenhain control. Our 1st Heidenhain control... Was looking at some posted code. Didn't realize just how different the code is compared to our regular Fanuc - Mitsubishi control machines. This should be a fun transition. Any pointers? 😎 

Howz it going with the new mill?

We got a DMG MORI 5-axis back in February, with a Heidenhain control.  I have only ever use FANUC anywhere else I've worked, so it has been a bit of a learning curve for me too.  There are some things I like about it, and others where I wish it was a FANUC.  But overall, so far, not too bad.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

We generally do offer training  at our facilities.

Under some circumstances they are free.

However due to the current COVID situation this is limited.

We are however offering online classes.

There is a charge for these.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, Slixmix said:

I really don't like that control.

• Huh? 1