Feels like I'm missing something easy, but aside from using command finder, or the arrow keys, how can I pan my view with the mouse?  Also, is there a way to rotate the view relative to an axis?

Nevermind, got it.  First time without my Spacemouse and I almost went into a panic!!  lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard?

I can't help ya there.  Could probably be done with some custom settings though.

7 minutes ago, skyking01x said:

One method is to use the Arrow keys on the keyboard

another method is to hold Shift on the keyboard and depress the middle mouse wheel like you would with the Spin. the shift key will toggle you between pan and spin or spin and pan depending on how you have your middle mouse wheel set to function.

1 minute ago, JoshC said:

another method is to hold Shift on the keyboard and depress the middle mouse wheel like you would with the Spin. the shift key will toggle you between pan and spin or spin and pan depending on how you have your middle mouse wheel set to function.

on a side note the ALT key will toggle the arrow keys on the keyboard from Pan to spin, spins 5 degrees per arrow. sometimes useful

9 minutes ago, skyking01x said:

i know in older  versions you could set the mouse wheel to either pan or spin, not sure if they moved it or it was eliminated

3 minutes ago, JoshC said:

learn something new today

The only way I found is to use the expand/contract view with the  mouse wheel.  Depress the wheel spin contract, release the wheel, move the mouse to where there is room, depress the wheel spin expand.  PITA but better than using the keyboard.

1 minute ago, skyking01x said:

The only way I found is to use the expand/contract view with the  mouse wheel.  Depress the wheel spin contract, release the wheel, move the mouse to where there is room, depress the wheel spin expand.  PITA but better than using the keyboard.

just hold shift down and drag the screen with the middle mouse wheel

• Like 2

Forget depress the wheel, just move then spin contract view to put the detail in the center then spin to expand.

2 hours ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard

set up the right click menu with the pan control...

file-- options-- context menu-- category : graphics view, add pan.

21 hours ago, JoshC said:

just hold shift down and drag the screen with the middle mouse wheel

I do this, but the opposite. I have my config setup to pan with the middle button by default. I usually have my spacemouse but when I don't I'll hold shift+middle mouse button to rotate. Works well for me.

Config setting also. I elected to add Pan to the right click drop down menu. (I use mouse wheel dynamic rotation constantly) And no, never tried holding shift down and mouse wheel. Nice tip...