Recommended Posts

Feels like I'm missing something easy, but aside from using command finder, or the arrow keys, how can I pan my view with the mouse?  Also, is there a way to rotate the view relative to an axis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, got it.  First time without my Spacemouse and I almost went into a panic!!  lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard?

I can't help ya there.  Could probably be done with some custom settings though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard?

One method is to use the Arrow keys on the keyboard

another method is to hold Shift on the keyboard and depress the middle mouse wheel like you would with the Spin. the shift key will toggle you between pan and spin or spin and pan depending on how you have your middle mouse wheel set to function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoshC said:

One method is to use the Arrow keys on the keyboard

another method is to hold Shift on the keyboard and depress the middle mouse wheel like you would with the Spin. the shift key will toggle you between pan and spin or spin and pan depending on how you have your middle mouse wheel set to function.

on a side note the ALT key will toggle the arrow keys on the keyboard from Pan to spin, spins 5 degrees per arrow. sometimes useful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard?

i know in older  versions you could set the mouse wheel to either pan or spin, not sure if they moved it or it was eliminated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoshC said:

One method is to use the Arrow keys on the keyboard

another method is to hold Shift on the keyboard and depress the middle mouse wheel like you would with the Spin. the shift key will toggle you between pan and spin or spin and pan depending on how you have your middle mouse wheel set to function.

learn something new today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I found is to use the expand/contract view with the  mouse wheel.  Depress the wheel spin contract, release the wheel, move the mouse to where there is room, depress the wheel spin expand.  PITA but better than using the keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skyking01x said:

The only way I found is to use the expand/contract view with the  mouse wheel.  Depress the wheel spin contract, release the wheel, move the mouse to where there is room, depress the wheel spin expand.  PITA but better than using the keyboard.

just hold shift down and drag the screen with the middle mouse wheel

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget depress the wheel, just move then spin contract view to put the detail in the center then spin to expand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skyking01x said:

What is easiest way to pan using only the mouse, no keyboard

set up the right click menu with the pan control...

file-- options-- context menu-- category : graphics view, add pan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JoshC said:

just hold shift down and drag the screen with the middle mouse wheel

I do this, but the opposite. I have my config setup to pan with the middle button by default. I usually have my spacemouse but when I don't I'll hold shift+middle mouse button to rotate. Works well for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Config setting also. I elected to add Pan to the right click drop down menu. (I use mouse wheel dynamic rotation constantly) And no, never tried holding shift down and mouse wheel. Nice tip...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us