Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

My transfer from main to sub is complete but I still cannot get the turning tools for the sub set.  I have attached the program.  The lines of read text which are used on the sub do not seem to be doing anything.  The text in blue, the main spindle works along with the transfer.  Is it possible the operator set the tools used on the sub incorrectly?  Could I need to change a parameter bit or something? 

I have reached out to Mazak but have not received any word yet.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you

1903.EIA.rtf

So, if memory serves you have to program Z+ instead of Z- on a mazak sub.  It's been over 5 years since I had my hands on a Mazak with sub for turning.  I always used G55 for sub and then macro to transfer the transfer value into it.  Did you get that macro moving the value?  I know you were in good hands with Orvie.  I did look and I can find the parameters for that if you need.  However, after I had some time to think about this I believe the Mazak is OPPOSITE for the Z values.

Your post is outputting the .01 for each tool which means your only getting A output for each tool. If you want other letters you need to use the correct number for it. .02 is B and .03 is C and so forth. I agree G55 for the Sub program. Your program is outputting Z- is that correct? Mazatrol and the suffix is not looking correct at first glance. Without being in front of the machine and able to dig around it is just me throwing out some suggestions.