Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need advice on toolpaths

RKK

Hi all, I would like some advice on how to get it done properly.

I uploaded the mastercam file which contain toolpaths for roughing and finishing cycle.

the rough cycle is 3+2 rest rough ( what is the proper toolpath to rough this ? )

the finish cycle is swarf machining but it leave the machining mark on the part, what is the best way to do it without leaving any mark on the part ?

and the sharp area ( upload photo ), I can't figure it out how to remove it from mastercam.

Q4.JPG

20190213_095013_.jpg

20190213_094859.jpg

z-question.mcam

20190213_094518 (2).jpg

Q2.JPG

In the second to last picture where you ask to get rid of machining marks it looks like you are cutting a big radius or arc. depending on your machine when the "x" or "y" change from negative to positive or vise versa. The machine depending on maintenance and age might jump or shake witch will cause that. i worked on an old machine where we would  machine a circle and the bore would have 4 vertical lines. one at 3 o'clock 6 9 12 because this is were the axis go from neg. to pos. 

but as far as the sharp corner it just looks like you need to play around in mastercam a bit more try different tool paths to get it right and as you can see the mastercam simulation is pretty close to what your going to get.