Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

setup Post Processor

15 hours ago, nayebi said:

Is it done with a post change? 

There is a switch in the post header to control this output. But it will not change the address from X to D. Out put in diameter will simply be a number twice as big but still addressed X. 

This is correct only if the machine is set up to read X values as diameters. Most machines are set up to read diameters by default and generic posts are diameter output by default. But using the switch in the header it is easy to change.

Are you being confused by the +D+Z option in the view / plane manager? This only works to display a point or line as a  diameter (default TOP displays radius) when analyzed. This is independent of the MD / CD and Post.

5 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

There is a switch in the post header to control this output. But it will not change the address from X to D. Out put in diameter will simply be a number twice as big but still addressed X. 

This is correct only if the machine is set up to read X values as diameters. Most machines are set up to read diameters by default and generic posts are diameter output by default. But using the switch in the header it is easy to change.

Are you being confused by the +D+Z option in the view / plane manager? This only works to display a point or line as a  diameter (default TOP displays radius) when analyzed. This is independent of the MD / CD and Post.

Hi nickbe10 !

This is a post header that tells which part exactly ?

How can I switch from header to which part ?

No, I misunderstood the plan manager. I'm having trouble with any post.

Is there a special post for this change ?

4 minutes ago, nayebi said:

This is a post header that tells which part exactly ?

If you open a post in an editor the first section, after the Revision Log and Features , is a section called General Output Settings. This allows you to control certain outputs of the NC code. One of these is Diameter / Radius. You just need to change the assignment number to the appropriate number (some allow more than 2 options).

What Post are you using?

Have you talked with your reseller?

Is your machine set up to read Radius or Diameter?

14 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

If you open a post in an editor the first section, after the Revision Log and Features , is a section called General Output Settings. This allows you to control certain outputs of the NC code. One of these is Diameter / Radius. You just need to change the assignment number to the appropriate number (some allow more than 2 options).

What Post are you using?

Have you talked with your reseller?

Is your machine set up to read Radius or Diameter?

Unfortunately, I do not have the editor to adjust the post output settings. GENERIC HAAS SL 4X MT_LATHE

I use this post   [GENERIC HAAS SL 4X MT_LATHE].

No, I did not call.

There are two sets of devices, one radius and one diameter.

15 minutes ago, nayebi said:

There are two sets of devices, one radius and one diameter.

What exactly do you mean by devices? Do you mean Offsets?

This is a very complicated machine for a beginner to try and set up on their own. Especially if your English is not very good. This is not a criticism as your English is better than any of my foreign language skills, however it will require a sound understanding and comprehension of "technical" English.

Is there no one technically proficient locally who can help you? Where are you from, there might be someone on the site that is better able to help with the right language skills.

To dive straight in with a machine and post that uses both just makes it that much more difficult.

Really your reseller should be handling this, although I understand some are not as good as others.

The machine and post should be compatible without any modification except for the POCO which is usually commented out. Are you working with the "lathe" part of the software or the "mill" part of the software. It is difficult enough for a beginner to set up simple 3 axis mills and 2 axis lathes the first time or 3.

2 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

What exactly do you mean by devices? Do you mean Offsets?

This is a very complicated machine for a beginner to try and set up on their own. Especially if your English is not very good. This is not a criticism as your English is better than any of my foreign language skills, however it will require a sound understanding and comprehension of "technical" English.

Is there no one technically proficient locally who can help you? Where are you from, there might be someone on the site that is better able to help with the right language skills.

To dive straight in with a machine and post that uses both just makes it that much more difficult.

Really your reseller should be handling this, although I understand some are not as good as others.

The machine and post should be compatible without any modification except for the POCO which is usually commented out. Are you working with the "lathe" part of the software or the "mill" part of the software. It is difficult enough for a beginner to set up simple 3 axis mills and 2 axis lathes the first time or 3.

I'm sorry I mean the machine.