Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

COOLANT

Spotterhphc

Hello 

I searched but didn't find anything to help with this simple problem. I need my operation default for coolant to be set to "after" for all operations. It currently sets itself to "before" and when I go into the control def and edit all selected ops to change the default, the "before/with/after" tab is grayed out so i can't change it. What am i doing wrong here? I currently have to manually change it to "after" on every operation. 

Thanks for any advise and if there is a thread currently out there just send it my way.

Just now, medaq said:

I am still confused why Mastercam did this to coolant? Who wants coolant on before a tool change? Most MTB will have the ladder turn off the coolant before the tool change anyways.

It's an option, that's all..

V9 coolant still works....and that's what I use except in rare occasion

Thanks for all the responses. So what worked for me was to update the coolant codes in the post and use this button 

image.png.d08bfd8c787035cc5112df754aa0bd91.png

It all works fine now because the post forces it to go to a said location. I was un checking that check box.   

• Like 2
8 hours ago, medaq said:

I get it is a option. But is there any reason to use it? Was generally curious at what application it would ever be used for.

The only time I really use it is if I have a machine that has more than 3 coolant output options.

The V9 style coolant is limited to 3 "on" styles....the X style allows for more options but as seen, comes with other limitations...

I have one machine here that has, between coolant and air, 7 different types of possible outputs....on that machine, I use X style..everything else, V9 style

I have also been having coolant issues with my particular 3 axis mill/machine def...I still don't quite understand how it works overall, but it was working for quite awhile. This is the thread I started. Maybe it will help, but yea, X style coolant trips me up.