Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trouble viewing presentation on new PC

TOM S

Recently upgraded the PC on one of our machines.  I tried to open a presentation .exe file and it threw an error.  

The new PC is windows 7.  I have seen this error before when trying to open on one of our XP machines.  Attached is a picture of the error.  Any advice would be welcome.

prisma error.gif

39 minutes ago, hoa75nguyen said:

Update window to 64 bit 

I am told I can't upgrade because the machines software won't run on a 64 bit OS.

I am wondering about using a VM (virtual machine) to play the presentations.  Has anyone had any experience with these or similar?

18 minutes ago, TOM S said:

I am wondering about using a VM (virtual machine) to play the presentations. 

We use Virtual Machines to read older 32 bit software on 64 bit machines. Don't think you can go the other way because you need the higher bit computer somewhere in the loop to read and display the 64 bit software.

32 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

We use Virtual Machines to read older 32 bit software on 64 bit machines. Don't think you can go the other way because you need the higher bit computer somewhere in the loop to read and display the 64 bit software.

It is a x86 system.  So the processor is a 64 bit processor.  May have to do the dual boot, like 5th Axis CGI suggests.  I will contact the machine manufacturer, but was hoping not to have to do that.

• Like 1