Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill Face Problem

MES

Good morning. My MC 2019 was working fine but yesterday in the afternoon the FACE (milling) do not work anymore. Do not Windows 10 update or driver update.

I move the key to another PC and the same problem. We use the other key in the different PC and the same.

Not Backplot and when you try generate the g code MC show this message.

image.png.7d7fbab1fd0d663bbe452964b6470f0d.png

The FACE in the old MC files are OK.

The file is attached.

Thanks in advance.

MES

Face Test Original.mcam

Rekd, thanks.

5th Axis CGi, thanks, I never see this error before, now the two MC seat here are unavailable to generate FACE.

I don't  know how to fix it. I am thinking reinstall MC2019,  but after your answer  i don't know if a new fresh MC fix it.

Thanks

MES

8 hours ago, MES said:

Rekd, thanks.

5th Axis CGi, thanks, I never see this error before, now the two MC seat here are unavailable to generate FACE.

I don't  know how to fix it. I am thinking reinstall MC2019,  but after your answer  i don't know if a new fresh MC fix it.

Thanks

MES

I was wrong and the correct answer was given.

Edited by 5th Axis CGI
I didn't have the best answer.

The issue here is depth cuts are turned on, with depth set to zero. Turn depth cuts off and you should see it generate/backplot/post OK. This has been addressed for 2020.

Edit: They aren't set to zero in your path, but the gist is that yes, depth cuts are causing the issue here, and you're not doing anything wrong. Setting Top of Stock to something other than absolute/incremental zero will also allow the toolpath to generate correctly WITH depth cuts.

• Like 1