Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma OSP-P300-LA Control...Losing information

We have an Okuma OSP-P300-LA Control and there are a few quirks with it that I'm having trouble with.

The spindle set-up screen has some of it's information disappear when you re-post the program. Each time you re-post, it switches from I.D. clamp back to O.D. clamp. This morning when I started up the machine, the tools I mounted yesterday were no longer mounted. In the registration number column there are just asterisks showing. This is in the turret info tab. I'm guessing that the two problems are connected. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

We have an Okuma OSP-P300-LA Control and there are a few quirks with it that I'm having trouble with.

The spindle set-up screen has some of it's information disappear when you re-post the program. Each time you re-post, it switches from I.D. clamp back to O.D. clamp. This morning when I started up the machine, the tools I mounted yesterday were no longer mounted. In the registration number column there are just asterisks showing. This is in the turret info tab. I'm guessing that the two problems are connected. Any thoughts?

Get a hold of the service department and ask them to give you a update on the control. I have seen an improperly installed grounding cable do some weird things. I am old school and want to see a 6'-10' Copper ground rod next to the control cabinet at every machine. Some builders have allowed installations to ground to the building ground. Problem is if there are EDMs or Welders grounded to the same block then you run the risk of a discharge back through the ground block to the machine. By having a grounding rod for each machine grounded for only that machine you rule out any possible discharges from other machines. I have also seen bad constant electrical current do weird things. I have seen some machines that will freak out of the voltage varies too much and companies have had to add power cleaners to their power sources to make sure the correct voltage is being supplied to the machine. 

The control should be taking a backup when shut down. There is a battery backup if needed. If the backup isn't successful, on the next startup you will get a warning "last time backup missed". I would suspect you have a software issue, but it could be other. 

• 4 years later...

Hello

We are having simular issues, loosing the tooldata from the magazine. we only loose a few not all of the tools. this is after starting the machine up again. 

Did you figure out the problem you had loosing tool data after shutting down your machine?

Did a software update fix the problem?

Okuma Multus U4000, OPS P300S.