Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need an EIA example of an Mazak 640T, SQT100MSY, EIA, sync spindles, turn, reposition, turn?

MSLAVINSKI

Hello,

We are trying to turn a long bar on a Mazak 640t, SQT100MSY, we need to turn, move the sub spindle in, sync, turn, pull our, sync turn and repeat in EIA. We do chucker work all the time, turn, mill, part, machine the back side, we use a sub program for the handoff. Now we are doing a simple long bar job, does anyone have a sample.

Mike

• 5 months later...

I have a similar question.  We have a Mazak SQT 250MSY Smooth Control and we want to use an ATS ML-680 bar feeder.  Previously, I had one 4' bar placed in the spindle.  After the main spindle work was completed I preformed a POCO, pulling the bar out with the subspindle, syncing the spindles, Parting off the piece.  Then the second half is machine to completion on the sub side.  Doing it this way I have a problem with leaving a remnant in the main or an extra long piece in the sub.

At this time I don't know how to interface the feeder and the machine.  I have several emails out to Mazak and ATS.  Until then I worry that as it is now programmed will I have a problem getting the subspindle and the bar feeder working together.  I wonder if I need to abandon this idea?

I will report back if I get some assistance from Mazak.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Laebs said:

I have a similar question.  We have a Mazak SQT 250MSY Smooth Control and we want to use an ATS ML-680 bar feeder.  Previously, I had one 4' bar placed in the spindle.  After the main spindle work was completed I preformed a POCO, pulling the bar out with the subspindle, syncing the spindles, Parting off the piece.  Then the second half is machine to completion on the sub side.  Doing it this way I have a problem with leaving a remnant in the main or an extra long piece in the sub.

At this time I don't know how to interface the feeder and the machine.  I have several emails out to Mazak and ATS.  Until then I worry that as it is now programmed will I have a problem getting the subspindle and the bar feeder working together.  I wonder if I need to abandon this idea?

I will report back if I get some assistance from Mazak.

Thanks

You have to use a counter and handle the remnant with a counter in the control. Need to have a dump program that allows you to either pull the remnant out of the main or the sub. I would have to assume the main unless you have the code to by pass the not clamped in the main when you get to the end of the bar and have no remnant left in the main to not alarm out the machine and run the last part in the sub. Planning on a bar job is part of the process. Does cutting .05 less or .2 more stock per part help help with what your remnant is?

6 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You have to use a counter and handle the remnant with a counter in the control. Need to have a dump program that allows you to either pull the remnant out of the main or the sub. I would have to assume the main unless you have the code to by pass the not clamped in the main when you get to the end of the bar and have no remnant left in the main to not alarm out the machine and run the last part in the sub. Planning on a bar job is part of the process. Does cutting .05 less or .2 more stock per part help help with what your remnant is?

Thanks much CGI.  I believe you have given me a clear path now I just have to be able to complete it.  Before your answer I was going to try 3 different things which may have turned into a huge waste of time.  To be clear, your saying adjust my cut off as needed depending where I want my remnant to end.  I do have a parts ejector on the sub but it may not matter if I can eject the remnant on the main.  To do that I would have to be able to activate the bar feeder at that point and have it load the new bar with the idea that they may not work together so why waste the time trying.

Okay, here I go.  If you have anymore suggestions please send them and thanks again. 

With the ejector on most bar feeders you can dump the remnant into the chip bin from the main having the bar feeder ejecting it. That is where you leave the remnant in the main which to me is the preferred method if not a huge remnant. If it is huge remnant then I would never dump it into the chip area I would have a M00 at that point and I would hand or robot unload it. Really comes down to many thing and have to consider if the chip conveyor can handle the remnant also. It is is 1/2 bar stock not even a question. If it is 2" bar stock and only 1/4 long when done then I might give it a shot, but we are start talking about something with some size to it then no control your outcome and work within the limits of what you got.